Water or air

S1L3nT

Only go for the H60 for looks. For a liquid cooler, I wouldn't go an lower than a h80i. 

The Phanteks should actually outperform the H60 and is less likely to malfunction so I'd go with that.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Personally I wouldn't choose either one. I think the NH-D14 still dominates the air cooling genus.

Personally I wouldn't choose either one. I think the NH-D14 still dominates the air cooling genus.

I don't have that much space plus I don't need a monster can't fit.

Finishing up my build...

I used to really like the AiO idea, in fact I have one in my rig right now, but I'm starting to shift back toward Air cooling for most scenarios. Simply because it has more points of failure and higher risks because of how it can fail versus a traditional air cooler, tower or what have you. With an air cooler, you have four main points of failure afaik: mounting, thermal paste, the heatsink, and fans (+1 per fan). Now, with water cooling, you have the same hazards, minus the heatsink, plus the pump possibly failing, a tube sprining a leak, and the questionable longevity of the AiO versus a heatsink.

I could be over thinking this, but that's how I feel on the subject.

Only go for the H60 for looks. For a liquid cooler, I wouldn't go an lower than a h80i. 

The Phanteks should actually outperform the H60 and is less likely to malfunction so I'd go with that.

I used to really like the AiO idea, in fact I have one in my rig right now, but I'm starting to shift back toward Air cooling for most scenarios. Simply because it has more points of failure and higher risks because of how it can fail versus a traditional air cooler, tower or what have you. With an air cooler, you have four main points of failure afaik: mounting, thermal paste, the heatsink, and fans (+1 per fan). Now, with water cooling, you have the same hazards, minus the heatsink, plus the pump possibly failing, a tube sprining a leak, and the questionable longevity of the AiO versus a heatsink.

I could be over thinking this, but that's how I feel on the subject.

so whats your advise? best solution?

Finishing up my build...

so whats your advise? best solution?

An air cooler of some kind lol. I know you said you don't have space for a D14, but have you looked at the Noctua C14? I got really good performance (thermals and noise) when I was using that before it went into a HTPC for the family, and it fits great in a smaller chassis. Otherwise, you know your size limitations better than I, so I'd look at tower coolers from the name brands and see which one floats your boat best.

For the record, that Phanteks you chose should work just fine.

Air. I have the H100 and the noise of the pump pisses me off. I do like the cleanliness of it though

nice signature lol. depends what your going for, the h60 doesnt really cool much better than a hyper 212 evo but it looks a lot cooler but it has no issues with ram clearance land it looks cool.  I'd probably go for the h60 but in push pull.