XBOX One controller for Windows, is it the same as the XBO One?

MaddMattAU

Basically what the topic asks.

So I want to get the XBOX One controller for Windows (wired), but I'm wondering when the wireless receiver comes out will it work with it?

Is the PC version the same as the XBOX One version for the controller, so obviously the PC version would need a battery pack?

If not I am willing to wait for the wireless version for PC, but if someone could clarify this up it would be great, as if they are the same I could get the wired version for PC to play now until I can get the receiver.

Thanks in advance

I have an xbox one and a play and charge kit for the controllers. I can just plug the controller into the computer and use it no need for wireless receiver.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I don't have an XBOX One though, I know you can play the XBOX One controller on PC, but they actually have a XBOX One controller for PC, I just want to know the difference if there is any, I can get the PC version for a lot cheaper.

When the wireless receiver comes out, I highly doubt that it'll work. You also don't need batteries for the wired one.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

There is no difference, the one for pc is just a wireless xbox one controller with the cable they normally include in the play and charge kit. Once the wireless receiver comes out it will work. Ive used the "PC" version of the controller on my friends xbone a few times

Getting mixed responses here LOL.

xToFxREAPER you said you've actually tried it and it works, hope you're right! LOL

There is no "PC" version of the Xbox One controller.

Unlike the Xbox 360 controller, all Xbox One controllers are compatible with driven devices out of the box.

However, on PC, the Xbox One controller will either require a Micro-USB cable (the console comes with one) or the new wireless dongle coming out.

Regular X1 controllers will cost you $60, while controllers with the new 3.5mm headset jack will cost $65-70.

This may not interest you, but search through http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories and you will find what you're looking for.

In your case, I'd purchase the $75 Xbox One Controller + Play & Charge Kit Bundle.

It will save you $10 off on a Play & Charge Kit, so you'll be ready for the wireless dongle.

Thank you so much Funnier26, exactly what I needed! Greatly appreciated :)

Why don't you just use a mouse and keyboard? :(

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Why don't you just use a mouse and keyboard? :(

In certain situations, a gamepad would be more applicable than a mouse and keyboard, example; playing street fighter or racing games. 

In certain situations, a gamepad would be more applicable than a mouse and keyboard, example; playing street fighter or racing games. 

No...  I don't know what street fighter is, but it sounds like a first-person shooter game, which you can use a mouse and keyboard, and for racing games get the whole setup with a wheel lol.  Not a controller.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

No...  I don't know what street fighter is, but it sounds like a first-person shooter game, which you can use a mouse and keyboard, and for racing games get the whole setup with a wheel lol.  Not a controller.

A wheel setup may be expensive or impractical if the user doesn't have enough space to use it, Street fighter is a combat game like Tekken. 

A wheel setup may be expensive or impractical if the user doesn't have enough space to use it, Street fighter is a combat game like Tekken. 

kk, console fanboys

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Getting mixed responses here LOL.

xToFxREAPER you said you've actually tried it and it works, hope you're right! LOL

Step 1: Buy an xbox one controller

Step 2: Buy a play & charge kit (which includes a cable for the controller so it can be plugged into the pc or xbox or whatever)

kk, console fanboys

haha, fanboys, says the dude defending pc, when it comes to driving games, a keyboard and a mouse sucks compared to a controller.

haha, fanboys, says the dude defending pc, when it comes to driving games, a keyboard and a mouse sucks compared to a controller.

When it comes to driving games, a controller sucks compared to an actual setup with a wheel.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

When it comes to driving games, a controller sucks compared to an actual setup with a wheel.

never said controllers are better than a wheel, but a mouse and keyboard is horrible

...are you a troll?

Street Fighter is pretty much the defining game of the fighting genre, if you dont know what street fighter is I doubt your credibility with anything you say gaming related.

Some racers dont even work with a wheel I say this as a wheel owner. And even then wheels are a pain in the ass to setup and not worth it for alot of arcadey racers. furthermore there are tons of other things I would take a controler over kb/m in a heart beat.

LA Noire, GTA I will ALWAYS drive with a controler, the walking dead is vastly better with a controler. I will play the majority of 3rd person games with a controler

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

...are you a troll?

Street Fighter is pretty much the defining game of the fighting genre, if you dont know what street fighter is I doubt your credibility with anything you say gaming related.

Some racers dont even work with a wheel I say this as a wheel owner. And even then wheels are a pain in the ass to setup and not worth it for alot of arcadey racers. furthermore there are tons of other things I would take a controler over kb/m in a heart beat.

LA Noire, GTA I will ALWAYS drive with a controler, the walking dead is vastly better with a controler. I will play the majority of 3rd person games with a controler

kk

Edit:  I'm not a troll, lol.  I'm just stating that IMO a wheel is better than a controller for steering.

Formerly TheFlurryGames