3-PIN to 3X3-PIN ADAPTER

Go to solution Solved by Codymm03,

Yes you can control your fans through the connector.

Hello guys! I have a pc obviously and i have a very serious question!

First of all my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k 3.6GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU2 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz High Profile
MB: MSI Z97-G43

My motherboard has 3x4pin system fan headers and 2x4pin cpu headers

Searching the web i have noticed that only the 4pin headers are able to change the rpm of the fan! But the thing is i have 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan (3pin) and i can actually control the rpm from the UEFI.

Anyway the problem is, i am buying 4 more fan (excactly same as the other 2) and as you can allready tell i only have 1 header left! Today i found some BITFENIX 3-PIN to 3x3-PIN ADAPTER sleeved cables (excactly what i want as i am gonna use one to plug the 3 intake fans and the other one to plug the 3 exhaust fans) I want all the intake fans at the same rpm and all the exhaust fans at the same rpm again! For example. Intake Fans 1,2,3 600rpm at idle and 1200rpm at gaming situations (everything controller by the pc itself as it is now with the Intake Fan 1) and Exhaust Fans 4,5,6 700rpm at idle and 1300rpm at gaming situations (again everything controller by the pc itself as it is now with the Exhaust Fan 2)

3-PIN to 3x3-PIN adaptor : http://www.eshopcy.com.cy/bitfenix-3-pin-to-3x-3-pin-adapter-60cm-sleeved-black-black-p-PER.640818

6 Fans: http://www.eshopcy.com.cy/bitfenix-spectre-pwm-120mm-fan-black-p-PER.641133

And finally the question is: Having these adapters will let me control the rpm of the intake and exhaust fans? Or my pc will take off and waste my money? I know that, if i am able to control the RPM, all the fans connected to 1 adapter must have the same rpm but that's not a problem for me!

Please answer as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance! :)

you can control the speed of 3 pin fans too

whoever told you that only 4 pin fans can be controlled is stupid

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you can control the speed of 3 pin fans too

Yea all my fans are 3 pin. The only advantage to 4-pin is more power so higher speed.

Thank you guys! Very fast respone! One more question, does it matter the cable i use or using any of these cables will allow me control the fans!

(What i have in my mind is that the pc will get the 3 fans connected to one 3-PIN headed as 1 Fan)

Yea all my fans are 3 pin. The only advantage to 4-pin is more power so higher speed.

no, 4 pin fans are not higher power or faster

the 4th pin is PWM which means you can control the speed more precisely, and to lower speeds than 3 pin

with 4 pin fans you can usually go down to 30 or 20% speed

3 pin fans usually stall around 40%

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no, 4 pin fans are not higher power or faster

the 4th pin is PWM which means you can control the speed more precisely, and to lower speeds than 3 pin

with 4 pin fans you can usually go down to 30 or 20% speed

3 pin fans usually stall around 40%

Ok thx for correcting me.

Or simply incorrect.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

is it incorrect?

That 4 pin fans can't be controlled? Yes, it is incorrect. 4 pin fans can be controlled through PWM.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

From what I know PWM fans can be controlled with software like SpeedFan or the like and 3pin are purely controlled off of voltage. Not as precise but still gets the job done