Logitech release two new wheels: Bad news for Xbox users

brownninja97

11402498_917409024967155_127769276847333

So there are two wheels, both of them have the same internals. The biggest difference are the buttons but you G29 which is for the sony consoles and pc has a tachometer. The xbox edition doesnt have this..

also

Both wheels are supported on pc.

There was a bit of stupid weirdness going on at logitech so the advert has a mistake. This however still means that the xbox users will not have a tachometer and they will have a few less buttons. 

They have upgraded the gear driven feed for the ffb and they are also using higher quality leather. The warranty has been bumped up a few years as well.

Both of them however will cost $400, no prices were given for other countres but you can rest and assure yourselves that you will get ripped off if you are in Europe. :)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g29-driving-force?wt.ac_id=global_news_g29_06112015

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force?wt.ac_id=global_news_g920_06112015

Other stuff

• 900 degrees of rotation
  • loss of gear shifter(what the bloody hell increase in price though so deal with it)
  • blue and or grey stripe to hell with centering
  • brushed aluminium pedals 

Prices

UK: £299

US: $399

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

OOOH I want that PS4 version looks so cool :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

OOOH I want that PS4 version looks so cool :D

turning that red thing is maybe one of the most satisfying things ever

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Everyone loves twiddling with their knobs :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There really is no point in putting the LED tachometer on the wheel. Your eyes have to be on the screen, so that's the only sensible place to have a coloured LED tachometer.

I still find both of these wheels way too cluttered. Why would you move (if they really have moved it) all of the buttons from the gear shift to the wheel? 

I personally feel that they have completely messed up the asthetics and the balance between the beautiful design and the functionality. Not to mention that if you want to change your wheel, it seems like you're basically lose all of your buttons. 

I don't know, and 400$ is a pretty hefty price tag as well considering that you can get much better and higher quality wheels from Fanatec for almost the same price. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

There really is no point in putting the LED tachometer on the wheel. You're eyes have to be on the screen, so that's the only sensible place to have a coloured LED tachometer.

some people i know sit very low

Listen if you care.

I still find both of these wheels way too cluttered. Why would you move (if they really have moved it) all of the buttons from the gear shift to the wheel? 

I personally feel that they have completely messed up the asthetics and the balance between the beautiful design and the functionality. Not to mention that if you want to change your wheel, it seems like you're basically lose all of your buttons. 

I don't know, and 400$ is a pretty hefty price tag as well considering that you can get much better and higher quality wheels from Fanatec for almost the same price. 

in the end ffb is all that matters. they screwed up the buttons but still feedback is the most important thing with these products.

Listen if you care.

what's it do?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

What I wanna know is why the hell isnt there a 3 platforms in 1 solution? fanatec did this last gen and they are this gen too...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

what's it do?

i imagine its probably for adjusting traction control. I never did macro it because i dont use traction control.

What I wanna know is why the hell isnt there a 3 platforms in 1 solution? fanatec did this last gen and they are this gen too...

Microsoft are a pain in the arse with these devices, like serious, the xbox has to be different and its very annoying. pc gets supported regardless and sony seemed to have always kept it simple.

Listen if you care.

some people i know sit very low

...maybe if they sit in an F1 driver's posture and watch the screen through the gap in the top of the wheel.

Exactly how is this bad news for xbox users, other than the OP taking an underhanded jab at a console having support for one wheel instead of two, and missing out on a few useless lights?

i imagine its probably for adjusting traction control. I never did macro it because i dont use traction control.

Microsoft are a pain in the arse with these devices, like serious, the xbox has to be different and its very annoying. pc gets supported regardless and sony seemed to have always kept it simple.

Well as I said fanatec has been doing this for ages they have a PC mode, an xb360 mode and a ps3/4(?) mode at least mine does dunno how it works for the latest gen stuff.

And their last gen actions havent stopped them from making A) a forza branded wheel and B ) getting permission to make wheels for this gen MS hardware

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

...maybe if they sit in an F1 driver's posture and watch the screen through the gap in the top of the wheel.

Exactly how is this bad news for xbox users, other than the OP taking an underhanded jab at a console having support for one wheel instead of two, and missing out on a few useless lights?

its features none the less, whether its pointless or not, its a feature and it will be used in comparisons. Not to mention a lot less buttons. They might not be the most pretty buttons but I press a lot when i play assetto corsa or rfactor 2. There really doesnt seem to be a reason as to why those things were removed.

Listen if you care.

So they do not have gear shifter?

It is time to wait for a clearance for G27 then

in the end ffb is all that matters. they screwed up the buttons but still feedback is the most important thing with these products.

Which Fanatec also wipes the floor with it. The FFB of the Logitechs are by no means bad, they aren't, but it gets a lot better. I can immidiately can tell the difference between a G27 and CSR or anyother Fanatec wheel, which ultimately also resulted in faster lap times. I was easily about .5 of second faster with any car with my old Porsche Carrera wheel than with the G27, simply because the inputs where overall much more accurate. 

But other components are also very important for a wheel. The overall wheel itself is very important and probably the most underrated part are the pedals, which can make a night and day difference in terms of input. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Which Fanatec also wipes the floor with it. The FFB of the Logitechs are by no means bad, they aren't, but it gets a lot better. I can immidiately can tell the difference between a G27 and CSR or anyother Fanatec wheel, which ultimately also resulted in faster lap times. I was easily about .5 of second faster with any car with my old Porsche Carrera wheel than with the G27, simply because the inputs where overall much more accurate. 

But other components are also very important for a wheel. The overall wheel itself is very important and probably the most underrated part are the pedals, which can make a night and day difference in terms of input. 

its belt versus gear driven ffb. g27 is stupidly old now so it was at a major disadvantage. One can only hope this stands up to the thrustmaster because that means thrustmaster will try and top it. fanatec is insanely good regardless though. Well this is logitechs first entrance into that $400 bracket. It could go anyway at this point. Ill wait for the sim racers to say something about it because what we know right now doesnt help too much. 

Listen if you care.

Just read this all they removed the gated shifter??? wow...fuck that noise.

System Specs

11337042_1158847020808281_16696679989172

well kunos the devs of assetto corsa said it works. thats about it.

Listen if you care.

I still want a Logitech G27. Would make Euro Truck Simulator 2 so much more fun. 

...Plus it would give me a reason to pick up Project CARS.

For those of you wondering, the G29 has a gear shifter! 

11406226_1158847060808277_76881508485541

(Source: Assetto Corsa FB)

@brownninja97: Yeah, it should make a difference, with that being said though, there are still some big differences. Fanatec uses an RC engine as force feedback, I don't know if Logitech, considering at which volume they're most likely producing, is really a viable option at this point. 

Are there any information regarding changes to the pedals? 

For those of you wondering, the G29 has a gear shifter! 

(Source: Assetto Corsa FB)

@brownninja97: Yeah, it should make a difference, with that being said though, there are still some big differences. Fanatec uses an RC engine as force feedback, I don't know if Logitech, considering at which volume they're most likely producing, is really a viable option at this point. 

Are there any information regarding changes to the pedals? 

next to no information on the pedals so far.

Listen if you care.

On their website it looks like it's an optional add-on that you have to pay more $$ for.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/driving-force-shifter

lol @ Logitech then. 

If that's the case, then I'm now 100% certain that I'll be changing permenantly over to Fanatec if my G27 should fail. 

Oh and @brownninja97: Apparently the G29 has the same mechanism for Force Feedback as the G27, so it's not belt driven! :)

Source: 

lol @ Logitech then. 

If that's the case, then I'm now 100% certain that I'll be changing permenantly over to Fanatec if my G27 should fail. 

Oh and @brownninja97: Apparently the G29 has the same mechanism for Force Feedback as the G27, so it's not belt driven! :)

Serious $450 for the whole setup and they are still pushing those cheapo plastic pedals.

System Specs