Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism any good

I wanted to know for $85 is it any good. Before you start saying nothing is better than a hyperx cloud II note that I want something higher end than that.

No. Nothing is better than Kingston HyperX Cloud in gaming headsets. Nothing Steelseries or Razer makes is higher end than Clouds. ( maybe those razer forge or smth but that is like buying beats)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you want something higher end than the clouds, you need to start looking at proper headphones, not headsets. For example brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, etc

No. Nothing is better than Kingston HyperX Cloud in gaming headsets. Nothing Steelseries or Razer makes is higher end than Clouds. 

Well, for the price. Audio technica and sennheiser have some better ones, but they cost a lot more.

Well, for the price. Audio technica and sennheiser have some better ones, but they cost a lot more.

They cost wait too much for what they offer you mean.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I wanted to know for $85 is it any good. Before you start saying nothing is better than a hyperx cloud II note that I want something higher end than that.

Well the most important aspect of a headset is sound quality. So for gaming branded junk, you're best off with the Cloud. But you could just get a decent set of headphones and a desk mic, something like a snowball or snowflake and perhaps an AMP / Dac, but that will run you closer to 500$ =P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well the most important aspect of a headset is sound quality. So for gaming branded junk, you're best off with the Cloud. But you could just get a decent set of headphones and a desk mic, something like a snowball or snowflake and perhaps an AMP / Dac, but that will run you closer to 500$ =P

No. Nothing is better than Kingston HyperX Cloud in gaming headsets. Nothing Steelseries or Razer makes is higher end than Clouds. ( maybe those razer forge or smth but that is like buying beats)

Toms Guide rated these #1

Toms Guide rated these #1

maybe for fancy lighting and stuff. Again, it's about sound quality. If you insist on buying something that is "gaming" branded [appart from mice this usually means junk with LED sold for 6x the value] go with the Cloud. At least I'd recommend so. At the end of the day it's up to you what you are going to buy. We're not here to smother your cognitive dissonance =P

I'd rate the open backed versions of audio technica and sennheisers gaming headsets above the hyperx clouds because..... OPEN backed is best for FPS games.

and the elite prism and clouds are simply close backed.

maybe for fancy lighting and stuff. Again, it's about sound quality. If you insist on buying something that is "gaming" branded [appart from mice this usually means junk with LED sold for 6x the value] go with the Cloud. At least I'd recommend so. At the end of the day it's up to you what you are going to buy. We're not here to smother your cognitive dissonance =P

SS_Siberia_Prism_Elite_EC_4.5stars_GBB_w

Best Overall

A best-in-class product combines style, functionality and innovation, and that's exactly what the SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism does for headsets. With fantastic sound, an ultra-comfortable fit and some of the best software in the category, the Elite Prism provides a great experience for PC gamers of all stripes, whether they like to immerse themselves in sprawling action/adventures or competitive first-person shooters. A clear, retractable microphone lets you coordinate with your teammates, and the headset's crisp highs and beefy lows make it excellent for music and movies. The earcups light up in a variety of pretty colors, too, which is an unusual but attractive feature in a headset.

Kingston_HyperX-Cloud_3.5stars_GBB_w_180

Best Under $100

If comfort is your priority, Kingston's HyperX Cloud II is the current king in the sub-$100 category. The Cloud II's memory foam earcups and headband are the ultimate cozy companions for your next binge-gaming session, and form a stylish design that defies the headset's affordable price. Kingston's latest headset delivers on the audio front, with virtual 7.1 surround sound that can highlight in-game noises you never knew were there.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gaming-headsets,review-2710.html

Again, buy w/e. But for 140, you're wasting money on a "gaming" headset. And, just cause on site is happy with it, doesn't mean it's any good. Logan who's fairly knowledgeable when it comes to headsets hasn't been very happy with any of Steel Serie's headsets concerning sound quality.

And 7,1 on a headset is BS, get a stereo.

But for the last time, buy w/e you wan't, ppl here do nothing but give you suggestions. And if you militantly insist on buying the SS ones, why ask in the first place?

Again, buy w/e. But for 140, you're wasting money on a "gaming" headset. And, just cause on site is happy with it, doesn't mean it's any good. Logan who's fairly knowledgeable when it comes to headsets hasn't been very happy with any of Steel Serie's headsets concerning sound quality.

And 7,1 on a headset is BS, get a stereo.

But for the last time, buy w/e you wan't, ppl here do nothing but give you suggestions. And if you militantly insist on buying the SS ones, why ask in the first place?

There $85 also I'm asking to see if anyone with them likes them. I have not seen that many reviews of the updated model. RandomfrankP even recommended them at a $200 price range. Now when it comes to SS headsets in general I haven't heard too many good thing beside there wireless one and there V2.