Looking for decent sub 100 dollar earbuds

calarahil

I'm very weary entering this sub section of the forums which normally has quite the hostile sentiment but here it goes. I currently have a set of ear buds symphonized NRG's and while they are good the sleaving is breaking away or on another pair I own the black tubing near the actually ear bud the adhesive wore off and so it doesn't sit as comfortably when I use them. I've been looking on massdrop for a decent deal and I think I have one but I was curious what others may think of them. I would primarily use them with my phone and work computer. I would appreciate any feedback :)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/beyerdynamic-dx-160-ie-premium-in-ear-headphones

I'm very weary entering this sub section of the forums which normally has quite the hostile sentiment but here it goes. I currently have a set of ear buds symphonized NRG's and while they are good the sleaving is breaking away or on another pair I own the black tubing near the actually ear bud the adhesive wore off and so it doesn't sit as comfortably when I use them. I've been looking on massdrop for a decent deal and I think I have one but I was curious what others may think of them. I would primarily use them with my phone and work computer. I would appreciate any feedback :)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/beyerdynamic-dx-160-ie-premium-in-ear-headphones

Hey, if you dont worry about people, or isolation, or peoples opinions, get some on-ear headphones. I would choose the Sony ZX-600, or if the budget allows Sony V55's.  

Ive used Sony XB30's, while the sound quality is nice, the isolation hurts my ears. The vacuum and pressure that exists when pushing in earbuds just makes me mad.

Good luck on your search!

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Hey, if you dont worry about people, or isolation, or peoples opinions, get some on-ear headphones. I would choose the Sony ZX-600, or if the budget allows Sony V55's.  

Ive used Sony XB30's, while the sound quality is nice, the isolation hurts my ears. The vacuum and pressure that exists when pushing in earbuds just makes me mad.

Good luck on your search!

The ones you have kind of remind me of the momentum's from Sennheiser. For headphones I'm not terribly worried I have Sennheiser HD598's but only for my personal use at home since they leak pretty bad. I'll definitely take at the buds you have :) 

I just joined the drop for the Shure SE215's, I've heard great things about them. If you have a chance i would recommend checking them out.

The ones you have kind of remind me of the momentum's from Sennheiser. For headphones I'm not terribly worried I have Sennheiser HD598's but only for my personal use at home since they leak pretty bad. I'll definitely take at the buds you have :)

The Sony V55 are currently 55$ on Amazon. A STEAL!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V55-BR-Style-Headphones/dp/B007BY3PNW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433751168&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+V55

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

I just joined the drop for the Shure SE215's, I've heard great things about them. If you have a chance i would recommend checking them out.

I guess the only thing that has stopped me from going with that brand is the design but hmm perhaps I should give them a look. I see that they wrap around the back portion of the ear. Would you think that would be more comfortable then the conventional way?

I guess the only thing that has stopped me from going with that brand is the design but hmm perhaps I should give them a look. I see that they wrap around the back portion of the ear. Would you think that would be more comfortable then the conventional way?

What I've heard is that it is better for sound isolation, but the Sennheiser momentum in ear is a great competitor for the Shure headphones,

What I've heard is that it is better for sound isolation, but the Sennheiser momentum in ear is a great competitor for the Shure headphones,

Decisions decisions. I do very much like the look of the momentums. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MOMENTUM--Ear-Samsung-version/dp/B00N3RFFV6/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1433752011&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=momentum+earbud

Then this video is for you:

I'm the greatest, everyone else is trash.

Vsonic vsd3s, vsonic gr07 bass edition, havi b3 pro 1, hifiman re-400

I think can go with Sennheiser pairs which are quite good also with the price.

Then this video is for you:

-snip-

Thanks for that vid. Hmm more confused now ha! I mean sure I can go out and get the Sennheisers maybe at a Best Buy or something since there isn't a huge variant in price but the Shures look like a proven product What would you choose. I'm somewhat swinging towards the shure ones. 

What would you choose. 

In fact i do have Shures 215. Mines transparent bc got em for 89. :P

When in doubt, always pick the most proven solution of the two.

I'm the greatest, everyone else is trash.

In fact i do have Shures 215. Mines transparent bc got em for 89. :P

When in doubt, always pick the most proven solution of the two.

I thought so as well but I pulled back when I saw linus's video on the matter. I think I'll just wait for now I went to see if Best Buy had the Sennheisers in store but they only had the beats garbage headphones :x Near the end of the video he compares the two.