USB extenders and input lag

Josysclei

So, my PC sounds like a jet taking off sometimes, and I don't want to go through all the hassle of changing my internals (it runs cool though), so I thought maybe if I put it away from my ears it would be fine. How long USB cables (for my keyboard and mouse) can be without interfering in signal and adding lag? Same question for HDMI and 3,5mm audio cables. 

PS: I think 5m of cable would do the trick.

I'm pretty sure they add very little if any lag.

Though the limits on length are gonna be an issue most likely, for high speed devices the limit is 5 meters, and low speed devices its 3 meters :/ Now if you used an active USB cable then you could go up to roughly 27 meters, or maybe use a usb hub half way though the 5 meters to get 2.5 meters on both side, that should work too. (Though I'm sure the hub has to be powered)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

So, my PC sounds like a jet taking off sometimes, and I don't want to go through all the hassle of changing my internals (it runs cool though), so I thought maybe if I put it away from my ears it would be fine. How long USB cables (for my keyboard and mouse) can be without interfering in signal and adding lag? Same question for HDMI and 3,5mm audio cables. 

PS: I think 5m of cable would do the trick.

For 5M I wouldn't really worry too much as long as your devices aren't power hungry like some of the RGb series of keyboards which require power and data USB connections. As for HDMI you should have no problems I personally have one on a 35ft HDMI cable and I see little to no lag.

If you are experience issues with length for USB since 5M is the max length for USB 2.0 (3M for USB 3.0) without repeating or using an active USB cable which will ensure signal quality.

Do extension cables even add any extra lag?...

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.