Dismounting 1440p Monitor Surprising

Linus seems to know a bit, but yeah nothing against for example TFTCentral. Logan on the other hand... He doesn't seem to know anything judging by the Qnix video I linked above.

Some of the things wrong in the video:

He does not understand what causes input lag. In the video he says that because the monitor only has DVI, it has no input lag (he repeats that it has no input lag at all several times) which is simply false. He does not understand how a monitor works if he think that having a single connector means no input lag.

He doesn't do any reason tests in the video even though it's suppose to be a review. Where are the gamut tests? Where are the color balance tests? Where are the black levels tests and where is the brightness test? What about contrast? What about gamma? He just reads what the box says which is something that's OK for an unboxing, but for a proper review that's disgraceful.

He says he wants to make a note that it's a backlit panel at 3:15, as if this is not something all monitors are. All LCD monitors are backlit.

At 4:48 he says that 2560x1440 makes the pixels so small that you can turn off AA. 2560x1440 on a 27" monitor has a PPI of ~108. Most desktop monitors are about 100 PPI (some are slightly below, some are slightly above) so the PPI is nothing special.

These are some of the things wrong with the video. His other reviews are also filled with big mistakes which proves that he just says whatever he think will sound good and make him sound smart. Logan has 0 credibility if you ask me, as far as reviews goes. I like the Tek though.

I see.

To be fair I haven't watch the video, as I was at work. But I see your point. He really knows nothing.

I see.

To be fair I haven't watch the video, as I was at work. But I see your point. He really knows nothing.

I guess I have to jump in here and play devil's advocate, or at least Logan's. Talking about "tek" related politics or lawsuits, which he is an expert in, together with Wendell, is entertaining and interesting. But thats not what the industry is about only. Its also about technology being implemented in products, like PSUs, monitors, or any kind of consumer electronics. And to establish youself in the industry you have to cover real products, too.

To be fair, he hasnt got a PSU testing tool for several thousand dollars and so forth, but that may be because he (TekSyndicate) are quite new, and even with a fet thousand subs as a Youtuber you do not have the means to be professional in every way. He may be good in longer analytical background technology story things, Linus is a quick cramping of information about a product into a video dude, and TTL does feature length in depth reviews very critically.

I find Logan just makes the best out of what he has got, is quite entertaining, and presents the content in a unique way. I like his videos, the tek, but also reviews. Of course, you have to take things with a grain of salt, like everything on the internet. 

And his video is the reason, why I began researching about cheapo korean monitors and am now a satisfied user of two of those. 

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I guess I have to jump in here and play devil's advocate, or at least Logan's. Talking about "tek" related politics or lawsuits, which he is an expert in, together with Wendell, is entertaining and interesting. But thats not what the industry is about only. Its also about technology being implemented in products, like PSUs, monitors, or any kind of consumer electronics. And to establish youself in the industry you have to cover real products, too.

To be fair, he hasnt got a PSU testing tool for several thousand dollars and so forth, but that may be because he (TekSyndicate) are quite new, and even with a fet thousand subs as a Youtuber you do not have the means to be professional in every way. He may be good in longer analytical background technology story things, Linus is a quick cramping of information about a product into a video dude, and TTL does feature length in depth reviews very critically.

I find Logan just makes the best out of what he has got, is quite entertaining, and presents the content in a unique way. I like his videos, the tek, but also reviews. Of course, you have to take things with a grain of salt, like everything on the internet. 

And his video is the reason, why I began researching about cheapo korean monitors and am now a satisfied user of two of those. 

I wouldn't trust his judgement on PSUs (or any other hardware to be honest) either. For example he has said in a few videos that you should not get a multi rail PSU, and I have no idea where he got that from. There are a ton of really good multi rail PSUs, and a lot of bad single rail PSUs. If you by "unique way" means, spreading misinformation then yes, he certainly does that on a lot of products. Like I said before, I like the Tek but Logan is a pretentious douchebag who says a lot of things to sound smart, even if he doesn't understand what he is saying and even if they are wrong.

Saying that he knows nothing about monitors is a bit harsh, but judging by some of his videos I think it's pretty safe to say that he doesn't really know more than what a pixel is, what refresh rate is and some of the different panels (what a TN panel is and IPS in general but not the difference between different types of IPS). That's where his knowledge seem to end though, even though he acts as if he knows more.

His review on audio products seem pretty bad as well, and don't get me started on his 8350 vs Intel videos... (not that the 8350 is bad, but Logan's videos on it are pants-on-head retarded and I have several A4 pages worth of text to explain why his videos should not be trusted at all).