Rate my build for a friend

So im helping a friend build a new comp that is going to run multiple monitors (not while gaming) and be generally used mostly for gaming. I put together a rig for $1500 which is around what he wants to spend on the parts. I feel its decent enough but I dont know what psu is best or what ram timings make for a good purchase.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=23496246

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to recommend any changes. He will be buying this in the next few days so sales are a plus. 

you're going to have change your cooling solution to a different cooler because the H220 is not on sale in the US right now.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Get the 100i, it's cheaper

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Get the H100i, the Swiftech H220 is withdrawn from the US market. Other than that I've had some run-ins with multiple bad MSI motherboards, so I personally would not buy motherboards made by them anymore, of course I may just have been unlucky.

Get the 100i and some 1600mhz memory because they don't make any difference, and he won't use that optical drive. and with the saved money, buy a wd black drive instead of the blue one.

an 8/10 but you can also make a amd build from which you will get more performance :)

EDIT: So, I made a quick am build, which is actually cheaper and more powerful

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=28094147

You can change the two 7950 for two 760 or the 8320 for a 8350 but the 8350 is just a higher clocked version of the 8320, so, you can do it your own because the cooler is good enough

Hope you like it :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

If that case supports a 2x140mm (280mm) radiator, why not get a NZXT Kraken x60? It's on sale and is cheaper than an H100i right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146028

A 280mm radiator should cool better than a 240mm radiator. Plus everyone uses Corsair (or so it seems).

Other then that I'd say it would be a very good computer for gaming.

that build is great but  how about this

CPU-Intel Core i7 4770k//////h100i
RAM-G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866 Mhz
GPU-EVGA GTX 780
Motherboard-ASUS H87M
HDD-Western Digital WD Blue 1TB
SSD-OCZ Vertex 4 120GB
Case-COOLER MASTER HAF 922
DVD Drive- Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
PSU-Corsair TX750

for 1600$

Manners Maketh Man

that build is great but  how about this

CPU-Intel Core i7 4770k//////h100i

RAM-G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866 Mhz

GPU-EVGA GTX 780

Motherboard-ASUS H87M

HDD-Western Digital WD Blue 1TB

SSD-OCZ Vertex 4 120GB

Case-COOLER MASTER HAF 922

DVD Drive- Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

PSU-Corsair TX750

for 1600$

The psu is a litle too big even for 2 gpu-s

Can you put a link to the part list?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Get the H100i, the Swiftech H220 is withdrawn from the US market. Other than that I've had some run-ins with multiple bad MSI motherboards, so I personally would not buy motherboards made by them anymore, of course I may just have been unlucky.

When did that happen? I have a h220 in my rig, should I be concerned?

Also ill look into different motherboards and ram. Id rather not get him radeon card just cause i have always had problems with their drivers and interfaces.

when on newegg look for combos, save yourself some money, i got $100 off when i ordered my Z87 Mpower + 4770k 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1328814

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Also ill look into different motherboards and ram. Id rather not get him radeon card just cause i have always had problems with their drivers and interfaces.

Not at all, it was withdrawn from the market because of a Patent claim from Asetek, you still have what's probably the best closed loop cooler available. :) http://www.swiftech.com/pr-7-19-13-h220-removedfromus.aspx

You can install the drivers even from the cd if you don't know what you're doing. and after you install them you won't have to use the interface only if you want to change some settings and overclock, and from what I saw, I don't think that he will do

No need for i7. An i5 will be just as good for gaming.

Also, you put a H87 mobo which can't overclock with an unlocked i7... You need a z87 board for overclocking.

Ram above speeds of 1600 won't make any difference for gaming for this rig.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1jjj4

If your friend is gaming at a 60hz 1080p display, he won't need more than this. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No need for i7. An i5 will be just as good for gaming.

Also, you put a H87 mobo which can't overclock with an unlocked i7... You need a z87 board for overclocking.

Ram above speeds of 1600 won't make any difference for gaming for this rig.

he didn't said he will overclock and he said the budget is 1500$ so why not put i7 and fast ram

Manners Maketh Man

he didn't said he will overclock and he said the budget is 1500$ so why not put i7 and fast ram

You got a K series chip unlocked for overclocking and a H87 motherboard which cannot overclock cpus. You're wasting money on overclocking parts that cannot overclock.

Who said he's not overclocking? He got a K series cpu and a z87 motherboard. He's obviously overclocking.

No need to waste money for faster ram or an i7 when the ram doesn't give any performance increase and the i7 is not needed. 

You got a K series chip unlocked for overclocking and a H87 motherboard which cannot overclock cpus. You're wasting money on overclocking parts that cannot overclock.

Who said he's not overclocking? He got a K series cpu and a z87 motherboard. He's obviously overclocking.

No need to waste money for faster ram or an i7 when the ram doesn't give any performance increase and the i7 is not needed. 

ok sorry you win this one

Manners Maketh Man