Simple power supply for USB 3.0 Hub and 120mm 12 V Fan.

ytnastech

Hey , I was adapting a destroyed gaming laptop to a desktop.

I will be using all the Laptop components including the motherboard, cpu, disks, etc. But I need an extra Fan and I need an extra USB 3.0 Hub.

Im not very experient with Voltage and Amperage, so I need help choosing a Wall charger to power the fan and the usb 3.0 hub.

The USB 3.0 Hub that I bought has 4 ports, and it says in the item description that it has: "Bus-power limit current protection: 900mA"

The usb 3.0 Hub has another connection to plug power in, and i have the connector, i just need to connect the wires with the right voltage and ?amperage?.

About the fan, it is a 12v fan , with 0.22 Amps.

Considering this, I wanted to find a way to power the Fan and the Hub with only one wall charger. (and another one for the PC itself)

What do I need exacly?

Thanks for any help !

How powerful is the wall charger ( is it the one provided with the usb hub ? )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

How powerful is the wall charger ( is it the one provided with the usb hub ? )

its not provided with the usb hub, the usb hub has a charging port, and i happen to have a old wall charger that fits that port, and soldering wires with a correct voltage wall charger and adapting it to the fan also, could be a way to power those 2 things.

the old wall charger that i have is 19 v at 3.5 amps

its not provided with the usb hub, the usb hub has a charging port, and i happen to have a old wall charger that fits that port, and soldering wires with a correct voltage wall charger and adapting it to the fan also, could be a way to power those 2 things.

the old wall charger that i have is 19 v at 3.5 amps

Check the rated power of the usb charger

it fits =/= it works .

Also, I would power the fan off a usb port ( so 5v ), as you need a max of 12v .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Ok, so you would basically need a wall charger that is rated at 35V and 5 Amps or higher. You can get these on amazon for around $10-$15. If u have one at this rating laying around it should be able to power your 4 usb 3.0 and your fan no problem.