Seasonic PSU

whatareyoud0

Hi,

My current build has an FSP Everest 600 80 PLUS PSU, but I'll be giving it to my brother soon since he got an EVGA GTX 550Ti for free from a friend of his. So.. yeah, I need a new PSU.

I was planning on getting a Seasonic M12II 620W EVO to replace the FSP Everest 600W, and also since I've heard a lot of good things re: Seasonic PSUs. Currently, that PSU goes for around $80-85. Is it a good deal for an 80PLUS Bronze fully-modular PSU?

I was also eyeing the Seasonic X650, but it's around $40 more than the M12II 620 EVO, so I'm not sure 'bout that..

Here are my specs:

• Intel Core i5 3570k
  • Hyper 212 Turbo
  • Gigagbyte Z77X-UD3H
  • Kingston DDR3 4GB 1333mHz (x2) (Planning to replace these with Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB black/blue sticks)
  • Intel 330 SSD 128GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Thanks guys!

Both are good psus but are a bit overkill. A decent 500w should already be more than enough.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why not get a EVGA 750W G2?Same price as X-650 yet better rating at jonnyguru.com

From where I am (Philippines), retailers don't sell EVGA PSUs :( I will have to purchase that, and then get them shipped here, which, eventually, would be more expensive.

I don't trust newer FSP models.

Seasonic s12g series is better (has gold cert, while costs the same).

My FSP Everest 600W is an old model, released around 2010-2012, I think? I believe they also don't release "Everest" models now.

Both are good psus but are a bit overkill. A decent 500w should already be more than enough.

Hmm, I was eyeing for a full-modular PSU. So, should the Seasonic M12II 520 EVO be enough? From the 620, just around $5-10 difference.

Hmm, I was eyeing for a full-modular PSU. So, should the Seasonic M12II 520 EVO be enough? From the 620, just around $5-10 difference.

The 520w would be plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

520W will be more than enough but if the difference in price is so small I would go for the 620W if I could afford it.

The 520w would be plenty.

520W will be more than enough but if the difference in price is so small I would go for the 620W if I could afford it.

Thanks guys! I think I'll get the 620W since the difference in price is too small. But, is the M12II EVO series any good in terms of quality? I know it's manufactured by Seasonic, and they have "better" models such as the X series, P (Platinum) series, etc.

Thanks guys! I think I'll get the 620W since the difference in price is too small. But, is the M12II EVO series any good in terms of quality? I know it's manufactured by Seasonic, and they have "better" models such as the X series, P (Platinum) series, etc.

They are great psu's

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

M12II is good.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W