Ping spikes when other Clients are streaming video

Recently upgraded from a crappy router given to me by my ISP -frontier- to an Asus RT-AC56U, and I recently noticed a problem that my old router did not have. My internet speed is 30/30, which is pretty decent for my area, and I have never had a problem with other people on my network casuing me issues, but after the upgrade, whenever someone is using a streaming service such as YouTube or Netflix, the router shows that their connection is bursting up to using all 30 mbps down and then back to nothing, and back and forth every few seconds, and this is leading to massive ping spikes in games, as every time they burst up to using all of the internet, my ping jumps to 200 in games such as CS:GO and League of Legends, and then drops down to 20 as they stop using bandwidth.

Does your router have packet prioritation services? 

Does your router have packet prioritation services? 

Sorry, do not know a ton about networking, are you referring to something like QOS?

Sorry, do not know a ton about networking, are you referring to something like QOS?

he is yeah mate.

do you use wireless or wired? if youre wired you should get more priority over everyone else without having to mess with things, you shouldnt really be getting lag spikes  on a 30/30 connection, no matter what router unless its very poor.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

he is yeah mate.

do you use wireless or wired? if youre wired you should get more priority over everyone else without having to mess with things, you shouldnt really be getting lag spikes  on a 30/30 connection, no matter what router unless its very poor.

I am wired, and I have never experienced this before on any other router. That RT-AC56U did die, so it could have just been a bad one, I will be receiving a new one from RMA soon, so hopefully that will solve the problem.

If it's died then yeah it will have been mate, I'm on BT in the uk and I have to keep resetting my router because the 5ghz channel after a few days will cap my internet speed to bang on 22mbps from in the mid 70s, happens on both ISP provided routers I have.

Good luck with the new one.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |