550w PSU enough?

Is the Corsair RM 550w psu enough for an overclocked i7 4790k and a Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp! Extreme? If not then how much would you recommend?

yes it is

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would say to play it safe with 650-750.

You would probably be ok, might be pushing it. a 650 would be a safer bet.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

The graphics card is said to pull up to 250w. The recommended system power with this card is at least 600w. It would probably work but I personally would recommend a power supply with more wattage. If you are spending that kind of money you will be able to buy a perfect corsair RM series model (750 or 850). If you really wanted to you could get 1000+ but you do not need it.

My build --- Intel i7 4790K @ 4.5 GHz --- ASUS STRIX GTX 980 4 GB --- ASUS Maximus VII ROG Ranger --- 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 MHz (4x4) --- CS750M 80+ GOLD --- 2 TB WD Black HDD --- Intel 730 240 GB SSD --- Seagate 1TB SSHD --- Cooler Master HAF X --- Thermal Right True Spirit 120 --- Windows 10

Peripherals --- Corsair K70 Cherry mx blue --- Corsair Sabre RGB --- Corsair MM200 Mouse mat --- Hyper X Cloud II --- LG 29UB65 29" --- LG 24M47VQ 24"

Is the Corsair RM 550w psu enough for an overclocked i7 4790k and a Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp! Extreme? If not then how much would you recommend?

Yes, but if you haven't bought it already then don't get the Corsair RM. The EVGA GS will give you better performance, higher quality, and better warranty service, for less money.

"Rawr XD"

The graphics card is said to pull up to 250w. The recommended system power with this card is at least 600w. It would probably work but I personally would recommend a power supply with more wattage. If you are spending that kind of money you will be able to buy a perfect corsair RM series model (750 or 850). If you really wanted to you could get 1000+ but you do not need it.

300W for everything but the GPU is still more then enough.

"Rawr XD"

I would say to play it safe with 650-750.

Even with OC, a system with a single 290X (which uses more power then 980 Ti) is hard pressed to see 450W of total system power consumption. 

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/03/30/powercolor_pcs_r9_290x_video_card_review/10#.VXNBT89VhBc

550W is already plenty.

"Rawr XD"

Even with OC, a system with a single 290X (which uses more power then 980 Ti) is hard pressed to see 450W of total system power consumption. 

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/03/30/powercolor_pcs_r9_290x_video_card_review/10#.VXNBT89VhBc

550W is already plenty.

that is true, but PSUs will degrade over time and he might want to step up to a beefier gpu down the road. that and the 650 is only about $10 more, it is a safer bet. hell, the AX760 is going for the same price as the RM550 after rebates.

that is true, but PSUs will degrade over time and he might want to step up to a beefier gpu down the road. that and the 650 is only about $10 more, it is a safer bet. hell, the AX760 is going for the same price as the RM550 after rebates.

Not saying that OP could get one with more power if they have the budget for it, just saying that it's not mandatory to do so.

"Rawr XD"

Not saying that OP could get one with more power if they have the budget for it, just saying that it's not mandatory to do so.

fair enough, I was just taking future upgrades into account.

Having extra head room is a must imo. Especially if you do some overclocking. 

Buy a 1000W PSU, that will give you headroom

You will struggle to see 400W on load in most applications, a 550W is fine. Don't get the RM if you don't have it already though, there are much better options available for the money

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W