It totals to €998 ($1110.28)

• Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz 6MB S1150 Quad Core
  • Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Fury Black Series 1600MHz DDR3
  • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
  • Intel 120GB 535 Series 2.5" 7mm SATA 6Gb/s SSD
  • Asus B85-PRO GAMER S1150 Intel B85 DDR3 ATX
  • Corsair Carbide Series™ SPEC-01 RED LED Mid Tower Gaming Case
  • Corsair 500W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply
  • CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 Red LED Fan - 120mm, 2000RPM (x2 if i can)
  • MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 TwinFrozr V

So is that a reasonable price for parts like those or can i get better parts for the same price?

Thanks in advance.

You could cut a little from mb and get a cheaper one and get an ssd from a-data(premier pro)

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I would not get a cpu with a "k" at the end. you not going to overclock. not really worth it.

So,im planning a build,my first one.

It totals to €998 ($1110.28)

• Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz 6MB S1150 Quad Core
  • Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Fury Black Series 1600MHz DDR3
  • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
  • Intel 120GB 535 Series 2.5" 7mm SATA 6Gb/s SSD
  • Asus B85-PRO GAMER S1150 Intel B85 DDR3 ATX
  • Corsair Carbide Series™ SPEC-01 RED LED Mid Tower Gaming Case
  • Corsair 500W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply
  • CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 Red LED Fan - 120mm, 2000RPM (x2 if i can)
  • MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 TwinFrozr V

So is that a reasonable price for parts like those or can i get better parts for the same price?

Thanks in advance.

Why are you using a unlocked CPU with a B85 motherboard? Also, get a R9 280x if you can afford it.

And... please don't use any LED fans

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

You could get something quite a bit better, but do want to build it yourself or get a prebuild system?

The mobo doesnt make sense with that cooler and cpu.

Here is a config from one of my favorite shops, for the same price you get a z board, a gold certified psu, double the ssd capacity and a better gpu

for a prebuild system with warrenty.

https://www.caseking.de/pro-gamer-pc-konfigurator-sipc-903.html#p=djS6$YdjT6!,dka6!_dkb6!.dkc6!#dkd6~,dke6~)dkf6~?dkg96udkh6_1dki6_.dkj6_?dkk6_Vdkl6.7dkm6.~dkn6.xdko6-5dkp6-_dkq6-XedL7)y

that board can overclock, i have a simmilar build, the parts are well chosen.

I would not get a cpu with a "k" at the end. you not going to overclock. not really worth it.

Can you not overclock a chip with a K on the end?if not i will go with Ravener if that can..

You could cut a little from mb and get a cheaper one and get an ssd from a-data(premier pro)

The website i use (cause its irish and closer than most others) does not sell Adata SSD'S...

You could get something quite a bit better, but do want to build it yourself or get a prebuild system?

Here is a config from one of my favorite shops, for the same price you get a z board, a gold certified psu, double the ssd capacity and a better gpu

https://www.caseking.de/pro-gamer-pc-konfigurator-sipc-903.html#p=djS6$YdjT6!,dka6!_dkb6!.dkc6!#dkd6~,dke6~)dkf6~?dkg96udkh6_1dki6_.dkj6_?dkk6_Vdkl6.7dkm6.~dkn6.xdko6-5dkp6-_dkq6-XedL7)y

Nah ,i like doing things myself,dont know why...

Wait im confused on the CPU and MOBO now can they not overclock?I thought sice it was a "Gaming" motherboard it would 

Thanks for the quick responses btw already loving this forum :)

Wait im confused on the CPU and MOBO now can they not overclock?I thought sice it was a "Gaming" motherboard it would 

Thanks for the quick responses btw already loving this forum :)

Don't buy anything with the word gaming in it. It is misleading

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Don't buy anything with the word gaming in it. It is misleading

i know but i seen a review (

) and that said it was really good for the price (€115 or $127) so i immediately went for it... (and since most gamers overclock I thought a "gaming" one would)

Why dosent that make sense?

Why dosent that make sense?

The k in the processor means its got an unlocked multiplier, which means you can overclock it properly.

On Intel Motherboards you also need a Z chipset to change the cpu multiplier, so pairing an expensive unlocked cpu

with a good cooler for oerclocking and a motherboard that wont let you overclock is just wasting money.

So either get a Z97 Motherboard and overclock or save some money with an i5-4590 as Ravener suggested.

Also as MrChavelo suggested a 280x 3 gb is probably cheaper than a 960 4gb and performs a good bit better.

The k in the processor means its got an unlocked multiplier, which means you can overclock it properly.

On Intel Motherboards you also need a Z chipset to change the cpu multiplier, so pairing an expensive unlocked cpu

with a good cooler for oerclocking and a motherboard that wont let you overclock is just wasting money.

So either get a Z97 Motherboard and overclock or save some money with an i5-4590 as Ravener suggested.

Also as MrChavelo suggested a 280x 3 gb is probably cheaper than a 960 4gb and performs a good bit better.

Do you have any reccomendations for a Z97 around €100 ($111) and the GTX 960 is cheaper than the 280x ,matches the red theme and looks nicer.

UPDATE: I found a nice Z97 board (Gigabyte Z97X-SLI) for €123 ($136)