how to only uninstall windows please help

GeeZillion

so i need to ONLY uninstall windows from the 1TB hard drive because i cant back up all the stuff on my hard drive,

or is there a way i can install windows on my 2nd HDD (its only 260GB and id only put windows on it nothing else) and keep all the stuff on my 1TB dive (including windows) and have it use the windows on my 2nd drive 

the reason is i only have 7 days of my trial left and i already reamed it so im just gonna keep uninstalling and reinstalling windows on my 2nd HDD until i get a new monitor then ill buy windows

need more info

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if youre using less than 260gb of space on the 1tb drive, just use software to clone it. Why not just do a fresh install though?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

if youre using less than 260gb of space on the 1tb drive, just use software to clone it. Why not just do a fresh install though?

i only have about 300GB of open space on my 1Tb and i need to keep all my stuff i have on my 1TB so i dont want to wipe my drive 

reinstall windows on the 250

then once thats done

delete the windows stuff on the 1tb..and keep the other stuff on it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

need more info

pretty much i need to keep all my stuff on my 1tb so i dont want to wipe it so i need to uninstall windows from it and only windows, or keep windows on it and idk how but install windows on my 2nd hard drive and make windows boots off that drive

Could you please use sentences? Maybe restate your whole intention into nicely separated ideas? I think we could help you a lot better if you did.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

You don't uninstall OS'. You can deactivate key and format drive. Or delete all system folder which is far more uneffective way. But those are only ways to delete OS from drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

so i need to ONLY uninstall windows from the 1TB hard drive because i cant back up all the stuff on my hard drive,

or is there a way i can install windows on my 2nd HDD (its only 260GB and id only put windows on it nothing else) and keep all the stuff on my 1TB dive (including windows) and have it use the windows on my 2nd drive 

the reason is i only have 7 days of my trial left and i already reamed it so im just gonna keep uninstalling and reinstalling windows on my 2nd HDD until i get a new monitor then ill buy windows

I've done this several times, it's my standard way to do a Windows reinstall (especially when upgrading to SSD).

1 - Unplug existing drive, plug the other one in (Best to plug into SATA port 0, probably the one the existing drive is plugged into now).

2 - Put the Windows disk in & install it

3 - Plug the drive you were using back in again.

(steps 1 & 3 require computer to be off)

Now you have a fresh install of Windows and the drive you were using before is purely a data drive, all your stuff is still there.

• it won't boot to the old Windows installation unless you change BIOS to make it boot from that disk
  • Sometimes BIOS has a habit of changing to boot from SATA port 0 so plugging the new disk into SATA port zero is important!
  • You still *can* boot to the old Windows install if you want by changing BIOS settings.
  • You don't have to delete anything from the old disk - leave it there in case you need to go back
  • You CAN delete folders like Program Files and Windows to free up space later on but only after you're SURE it's working OK

(The reason you install the new one with the old drive unplugged is to avoid making a "dual boot" install, where you get the option to boot either of the two installed versions of Windows. I've never worked out how to remove dual boot once it's running that way, I no longer do dual boot installs at all.)

Hope this helps, this is the way I've done it several times now, works perfectly. You will have to reinstall all your programs - Some might work but badly - can lose data from crashes so resintall all programs!

GL

(PS - actually there's a step you can do before Step 1... Run Belarc, if you have any valuable licence keys, save the page somewhere so you can reinstall progs after resintalling Windows)

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe

I've done this several times, it's my standard way to do a Windows reinstall (especially when upgrading to SSD).

1 - Unplug existing drive, plug the other one in (Best to plug into SATA port 0, probably the one the existing drive is plugged into now).

2 - Put the Windows disk in & install it

3 - Plug the drive you were using back in again.

(steps 1 & 3 require computer to be off)

Now you have a fresh install of Windows and the drive you were using before is purely a data drive, all your stuff is still there.

• it won't boot to the old Windows installation unless you change BIOS to make it boot from that disk
  • Sometimes BIOS has a habit of changing to boot from SATA port 0 so plugging the new disk into SATA port zero is important!
  • You still *can* boot to the old Windows install if you want by changing BIOS settings.
  • You don't have to delete anything from the old disk - leave it there in case you need to go back
  • You CAN delete folders like Program Files and Windows to free up space later on but only after you're SURE it's working OK

(The reason you install the new one with the old drive unplugged is to avoid making a "dual boot" install, where you get the option to boot either of the two installed versions of Windows. I've never worked out how to remove dual boot once it's running that way, I no longer do dual boot installs at all.)

Hope this helps, this is the way I've done it several times now, works perfectly. You will have to reinstall all your programs - Some might work but badly - can lose data from crashes so resintall all programs!

GL

(PS - actually there's a step you can do before Step 1... Run Belarc, if you have any valuable licence keys, save the page somewhere so you can reinstall progs after resintalling Windows)

i have to reinstall my apps thats gonna be a pain 

True.

You can try rearm. Google Sean's guide. Gives you another month, can be used twice I think.

After install, after you have the bulk of your apps installed, use Macrium Reflect to take an image you can restore next time.

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe