Need help with my quest for a new mouse and keyboard

Hello LTT forums,

Since my deathadder has been acting up I am exploring the interwebs for a new mouse and while I'm at it, a new keyboard too.

So I have been scouring numerous forums and have almost zoned in on a mouse I like but I would like to know what you guys think about it.

I mostly play FPS like CS:GO and COD4 (Yes is alive, but just barely :P) but I like a fare share of games (MMORPG's, MOBA's, Open World, etc.)

Mouse

I currently have a Razer Deathadder 3.5g and the scroll wheel is not working properly anymore. Also, the left mouse click is not registering as well that I'm beginning to notice it.

While I find my deathadder's size to be perfect for my hand and grip (Palm/Claw hybrid) I don't really want to buy the 2013 edition cause of the bad build quality apparently? but I am considering anyway.

So I have been looking for a mouse that is about the size of my deathadder and I would like to step up my game and try an optical sensor. They preform really well for low sensitivity and have no acceleration if i am correct. These are the mice I have on my list atm:

- Zowie FK2

- Zowie EC1-A

- Finalmouse

- Deathadder 2013

- Logitech G502

Does any of you guys have any experience with the Zowie and Finalmouse mice? What did you think about the build quality and performance? Also, would it be smart to just stick with an deatheradder?

Keyboard

This is the part I am lost at. I would like to upgrade my current Logitech G110 to an mechanical keyboard. But there lies one of the problems. I don't what kind of switches I like and I can't find anyone in my area with a keyboard to try out. Maybe there is someone out here on the forums that knows about a store I can go to to test them? (The Netherlands)

I also like my wrist rest on the G110 but those are so uncommon these day that I feel like I have to give that up. To make it even harder, I want a full key roll-over and macro keys.

Searching the internet I came up with keyboards that where either too expensive or just not at all close. I am willing to settle here and there but I don't where to go from this point on...

Closer

I have been looking on this forum about guides or comparisons of keyboards and mice. I did come across these useful guides from this guy:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255051-what-key-switch-should-i-get-look-here/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/272889-a-guide-to-buying-the-right-mouse/

As it did help, I still have no solution :(

Hopefully you guys can help me!

• CPU                         Intel i7 2600k 3,4GHz

Motherboard          Asus P8Z68-V PRO iZ68

RAM                        Corsair 2x4GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL8, Vengeance

GPU                         MSI GeForce GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB

Case                        Cooler Master Midi Tower CM 690 II Advanced

Storage                   Hitachi 1TB SATA300 32MB / Samsung 500GB SATA 300 32MB

PSU                          OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular

Display                    Samsung P2770 1ms

Cooling                   Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B

Keyboard                Logitech G110

Mouse                     Razer Deathadder 3.5G

Sound                     Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost Blue

OS                           Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

g502 is amazing, housemate got it, now jealous.

you can order switch testers off amazon for a small price.

if not i reccomend browns.

You can get key tester for a few dollars for see what keys you like. Roccat has decent mice i also like the g502.

My ec1 a should be here tomorrow ill let you know how it is. Also my 3.5g da is acting up as well.

Since it'll be your first mechanical keyboard you probably want a genuine Cherry switches keyboard. And if you also want a wrist rest and macro keys, you only choices left would be Corsair K95, G710s and Cougar 700K from the top of my head. If you go with Corsair you'll have the choice of brown and red switches, brown if Logitech, and not sure what switches comes with Cougar. Take a look from those ones and see if any of them have you interested. And take your time since it's a relatively big investment and there are a lot of choices when it comes to keyboards.  

Hello LTT forums,

Since my deathadder has been acting up I am exploring the interwebs for a new mouse and while I'm at it, a new keyboard too.

So I have been scouring numerous forums and have almost zoned in on a mouse I like but I would like to know what you guys think about it.

I mostly play FPS like CS:GO and COD4 (Yes is alive, but just barely :P) but I like a fare share of games (MMORPG's, MOBA's, Open World, etc.)

Mouse

I currently have a Razer Deathadder 3.5g and the scroll wheel is not working properly anymore. Also, the left mouse click is not registering as well that I'm beginning to notice it.

While I find my deathadder's size to be perfect for my hand and grip (Palm/Claw hybrid) I don't really want to buy the 2013 edition cause of the bad build quality apparently? but I am considering anyway.

So I have been looking for a mouse that is about the size of my deathadder and I would like to step up my game and try an optical sensor. They preform really well for low sensitivity and have no acceleration if i am correct. These are the mice I have on my list atm:

- Zowie FK2

- Zowie EC1-A

- Finalmouse

- Deathadder 2013

- Logitech G502

Does any of you guys have any experience with the Zowie and Finalmouse mice? What did you think about the build quality and performance? Also, would it be smart to just stick with an deatheradder?

Keyboard

This is the part I am lost at. I would like to upgrade my current Logitech G110 to an mechanical keyboard. But there lies one of the problems. I don't what kind of switches I like and I can't find anyone in my area with a keyboard to try out. Maybe there is someone out here on the forums that knows about a store I can go to to test them? (The Netherlands)

I also like my wrist rest on the G110 but those are so uncommon these day that I feel like I have to give that up. To make it even harder, I want a full key roll-over and macro keys.

Searching the internet I came up with keyboards that where either too expensive or just not at all close. I am willing to settle here and there but I don't where to go from this point on...

Closer

I have been looking on this forum about guides or comparisons of keyboards and mice. I did come across these useful guides from this guy:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255051-what-key-switch-should-i-get-look-here/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/272889-a-guide-to-buying-the-right-mouse/

As it did help, I still have no solution :(

Hopefully you guys can help me!

For switches check out the link in my sig (I really wish it would be pinned already :/)

For the mouse the Zowie EC1 should do you great if you liked the feel of the old Deathadder. ASUS's ROG Gladius and the Finalmouse 2015 are options as well.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||