DIY monitor stand

Hello all, I have recently built a desk with a glass surface and have two 27" monitors and a 22" monitor that i want to mount above the center of the two 27" ones. I want to build something myself but am drawing a blank on ideas and need a little help to get the ball roling. Yes, all three have vasa mounts. No, I cannot mount onto the desk.

Also, side note, I will be building a server into the desk and yes there will be a build log(hopefully soon).

Thanks ahead of time for all the suggestions and help.

God Bless.

Travis

I only have a few inches between wall and monitor and i am thinking something a little better looking then a shelf.

Travis

I only have a few inches between wall and monitor and i am thinking something a little better looking then a shelf.

Why not get an arm and wall mount them or get an aluminum stand. If you want to build something you could create a floating shelf or have a raised section on the desk that fits according to your monitors.

followed , i too planning to do monitor stands ! 

What I actually realized(not living there yet but fiance is) is that there is a small window at about the right height for me to clamp on a monitor arm  onto the window sill. Thank you for all the input. 

Why not get an arm and wall mount them or get an aluminum stand. If you want to build something you could create a floating shelf or have a raised section on the desk that fits according to your monitors.

I cannot wall mount. I am just renting the place.

Thanks again.

Travis

What I actually realized(not living there yet but fiance is) is that there is a small window at about the right height for me to clamp on a monitor arm  onto the window sill. Thank you for all the input. 

I cannot wall mount. I am just renting the place.

Thanks again.

as said you can fill and repaint any holes, but if you need an alternative you can get triple monitor stands that are adjustable and all mount and sit on the desk surface:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/07/24/xfx-triple-display-monitor-stand-review/1

as said you can fill and repaint any holes, but if you need an alternative you can get triple monitor stands that are adjustable and all mount and sit on the desk surface:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/07/24/xfx-triple-display-monitor-stand-review/1

Sexy stand, Best suggestion so far! I wonder if I could find a similar one with a two tear mounting system.

Travis

Why doesn't anyone make monitor stands for couches ? I want to sit in my recliner with my feet up while I'm gaming and have a widescreen, high pixel density monitor near my face so i can still read menus, etc. in role playing games or whatever :"(

Why doesn't anyone make monitor stands for couches ? I want to sit in my recliner with my feet up while I'm gaming and have a widescreen, high pixel density monitor near my face so i can still read menus, etc. in role playing games or whatever :"(

This basically, they do exist but aren't as common:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/468867011176185741/