Apple iPad Mini Review

NinjaStyle013

Do you think I should buy an iPad Mini or a Nexus 7? (2nd gen)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Depends on what you need it for...

I would get the ipad just because everything is easy to use & its been designed as a tablet whereas the Nexus has Android which isnt great on tablets.

You also get the image of having that Apple logo on it which means you get people interested in it. A lot of people think android is kinda cheap. I got asked about my mini constantly when i got it.

Depends on what you need it for...

I would get the ipad just because everything is easy to use & its been designed as a tablet whereas the Nexus has Android which isnt great on tablets.

You also get the image of having that Apple logo on it which means you get people interested in it. A lot of people think android is kinda cheap. I got asked about my mini constantly when i got it.

I have the first gen nexus 7. I really like how fast it is, how fast it gets updates and the screen. The new Nexus has all these features updated, so I imagine it is a better buy. However, the next iPad mini will almost definitely be better competition so I would personally wait.

I have the first gen nexus 7. I really like how fast it is, how fast it gets updates and the screen. The new Nexus has all these features updated, so I imagine it is a better buy. However, the next iPad mini will almost definitely be better competition so I would personally wait.

The ipad is snappy as hell also, it runs the same gear as the iPad 2 I believe.

Really? I have a friend whose phone got wet, he was caught in a heavy rain and got thoroughly drenched. Well, turned out his iPhone 4S had powered off due to water. He waited a few days for his phone to dry thoroughly and tried powering up. It was a no go, so he took his to the Care Center and was basically told he was SOL, either pay in full for repairs or get a new iPhone........he's using an S3 now. In my neck of the woods, when an iPhone is damaged due to user, the Apple Care Center would not repair it for free even though it's under warranty. I don't see how Mac's repair would be covered under warranty...

My friend had his Nexus 4 sent to LG cause the top of the screen didn't work and they didn't repair it because water indicator was on, so it's pretty much any company that won't accept a phone killed by water or humidity

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Great review man!

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

My friend had his Nexus 4 sent to LG cause the top of the screen didn't work and they didn't repair it because water indicator was on, so it's pretty much any company that won't accept a phone killed by water or humidity

Yea LG's service and warranty are brutal.  Probably worse than Apple.  They stick water indicators everywhere on the phone just as an excuse to not have to replace something.  A keypad physically broke off my first phone, LG chocolate, and they refused to service it due to one slightly failed water indicator at the seam of where the removable backing met the phone body.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Yea LG's service and warranty are brutal. Probably worse than Apple. They stick water indicators everywhere on the phone just as an excuse to not have to replace something. A keypad physically broke off my first phone, LG chocolate, and they refused to service it due to one slightly failed water indicator at the seam of where the removable backing met the phone body.

Oh ok didn't know this

But im pretty its the same rame for every company

i would go for the iPad mini. You should wait a couple of months anyway, In september or october the new iPad will be released and who knows what news there will be.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I wouldn't get an Android tablet. They just haven't caught up to the iPad yet in terms of smoothness, responsiveness or battery life. And they completely lack tablet optimized apps. 

Also the Nexus 10 I had was buggy as hell in comparison to my Galaxy Note 2 phone or iPad 4. 

I wouldn't get an Android tablet. They just haven't caught up to the iPad yet in terms of smoothness, responsiveness or battery life. And they completely lack tablet optimized apps. 

Also the Nexus 10 I had was buggy as hell in comparison to my Galaxy Note 2 phone or iPad 4. 

Exactly, Android just hasnt been trasnferred to tablet form cleanly at all. It feels like at some point it suddenly had a make over inbetween a large phone & a small tablet.

iOS just transfers so nicely. I think the lack of technical options & the general simplization of tons of features makes it perfect.

Exactly, Android just hasnt been trasnferred to tablet form cleanly at all. It feels like at some point it suddenly had a make over inbetween a large phone & a small tablet.

iOS just transfers so nicely. I think the lack of technical options & the general simplization of tons of features makes it perfect.

I never understood how some people see iOS as being simple and intuitive as being a fault. I have my custom built desktop to tinker with. Something like a tablet that is meant to be a convenient pick up and use device should be simple and easy to use. I've never felt the need to torrent or play emulated games on my small devices. 

I never understood how some people see iOS as being simple and intuitive as being a fault. I have my custom built desktop to tinker with. Something like a tablet that is meant to be a convenient pick up and use device should be simple and easy to use. I've never felt the need to torrent or play emulated games on my small devices. 

Exactly. I dont get why people need to have advanced things on a tablet. A tablet is usually literally pick up and play.

I love the mini because you get a huge range of apps to play & the mini can run it all at HD resolution. You can also go onto web browsing easy as hell.

My one toruble with it is the dumb ios youtube app. Its automatically fully hd which sucks on a bad net and using the browser version is terrible

you could give me any apple product for free and id still smash it up apple need to fack off in my opinion and stop being the nazi of computers

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

I think this device is a good looking device and I like the design a lot, I have an iPad 2 and I'm very not satisfied with the performance of it, and the WiFi signal strength, is that improved in the mini? I like the smaller size and all.. But I'll probably buy the nexus 7 (2013).

By the way, a large porsion of my posts are from my iPad 2 too.

I think this device is a good looking device and I like the design a lot, I have an iPad 2 and I'm very not satisfied with the performance of it, and the WiFi signal strength, is that improved in the mini? I like the smaller size and all.. But I'll probably buy the nexus 7 (2013).

By the way, a large porsion of my posts are from my iPad 2 too.

I've been sick and confined to my room using only my ipad and honestly it's great. Only flaws I have are with YouTube on browsers and google earth but that's it.

Also my modem is down stairs under a desk and I'm up stairs about 10 metres away from it on an x axis and 4 metres on the y and I've got full to half bars constantly. No dropping whatsoever.

I've been sick and confined to my room using only my ipad and honestly it's great. Only flaws I have are with YouTube on browsers and google earth but that's it.

Also my modem is down stairs under a desk and I'm up stairs about 10 metres away from it on an x axis and 4 metres on the y and I've got full to half bars constantly. No dropping whatsoever.

Don't use the stock YouTube app, you should use McTube the free version is almost identical as the full version, the dev has a problem with the app store. Still a million times better than the Google YouTube app.

Don't use the stock YouTube app, you should use McTube the free version is almost identical as the full version, the dev has a problem with the app store. Still a million times better than the Google YouTube app.

I didn't like the GUI and I still had a bit of issues so I stick to browser