Youtube vs Adblock

Thony

With all the websites that can detect when Adblock is in use, why does Youtube not make something to do the same (for example cover the video with black so we cant see) ?

They obviously cant win a court against Adblock as its not illegal :)

Edit: I personally love Adblock. If only Youtube didnt ask for £8/month but £3 instead i would pay for ad-free experience. THeir fault putting all the services (musickey, offline vids etc.) into the cost and scaring us away.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I would imagine a lot of people would get pissed about it.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Who gives a shit. You want YouTubers to get paid and keep making videos, suck it up.

Why does nobody listen to me

Adblock  = WORSE THEN PIRACY! You deny someone releasing free content money they need to keep releasing content

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

youtube is one of the main reasons why adblock exist, so some 1 will find a why around it.

it just like implementing new DRM on AAA games, u are just giving a strong reason for some 1 to break it. same goes for windows, no matter how hard they try hackers will find a way because there is big demand for it.

Adblock  = WORSE THEN PIRACY! You deny someone releasing free content money they need to keep releasing content

Ikr!

In most other cases I would understand but on YouTube, THE MORE YOU ADBLOCK THE MORE ADVERTS THEY HAVE TO MAKE TO ACTUALLY STAY AFLOAT.

youtube is one of the main reasons why adblock exist, so some 1 will find a why around it.

it just like implementing new DRM on AAA games, u are just giving a strong reason for some 1 to break it. same goes for windows, no matter how hard they try hackers will find a way because there is big demand for it.

YouTube needs ads to stay afloat and by users installing adblock, they make the ads worse.

They can't complain when they do it to themselves.

@D4RK

True, i only got Adblock because of Youtube but i have found benefits elsewhere too.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I wouldn't care about ads if they didn't cover up the video.

If they were on the side(or the little boxes they put over the video) then I wouldn't mind.

But putting adds that require to be skipped and that can be 5 minuets long is just annoying.

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Well, people will immediately start trying to figure out ways to get around the new block that you put in place. It would just be an endless arms-race of new DRM and ways to get around the new DRM. 

AFAIK, the actual percentage of people using adblock is low enough that it isn't worth the effort to fight it. Sure, adblock hurts some youtubers (especially ones with techy audiences), but on average it's not enough for Google to spend their own money on it.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Your grammar is worse THAN piracy! :P (Jk. But it's than not then.) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I wouldn't care about ads if they didn't cover up the video.

If they were on the side(or the little boxes they put over the video) then I wouldn't mind.

But putting adds that require to be skipped and that can be 5 minuets long is just annoying.

Indeed, ads are too long.

Well maybe if the ads weren't so obnoxious and intrusive most of the time they wouldn't be getting blocked.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The ads nowadays even interrupt a video... I mean how much more annoying can they make it. And there is still a massive YouTube cowd that has never heard of ad block

People be looking for a reason to flame.

YouTube needs ads to stay afloat and by users installing adblock, they make the ads worse.

They can't complain when they do it to themselves.

i dont mind watching a good ad at all or any ad that have something that i am interested in, sometimes i find good ad and i keep watching it just because it have good music or the ad it self is really good.

but in the same time you will get ads that are in no way related to you and the problem with that is Google have ad preferences options where you can select what ever you are interested in, except that feature doesn't work as its supposed too and you end up watching ads that are not related to you.

one more thing about youtube location/country targeted ads, i hate when i get those very much, i live in UAE and here the country have people from all over the world with Indians forming a big chunk of the population, so i keep getting ads about indian movies which i quite frankly hate to watch instead of watching another ad for a movie that i possibly would end up watching.

Well maybe if the ads weren't so obnoxious and intrusive most of the time they wouldn't be getting blocked.

THEY GET INTRUSIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING BLOCKED HOW DON'T YOU GET THIS

THEY GET INTRUSIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING BLOCKED HOW DON'T YOU GET THIS

Lol, calm down. 

1. I never blocked ads until they came intrusive (I do however use the whitelist in Adblock)

2. The amount of people who block ads is very small.

3. On some sites which you pay to access, you have every moral right to block ads (I'm looking at you vessel), and its always up to the user anyway as to what they will and will not watch.

PMSL

Lol, calm down. 

1. I never blocked ads until they came intrusive (I do however use the whitelist in Adblock)

2. The amount of people who block ads is very small.

3. On some sites which you pay to access, you have every moral right to block ads (I'm looking at you vessel), and its always up to the user anyway as to what they will and will not watch.

It most certainly is not.

A huge amount of people use adblock for YouTube alone.

If any Youtuber is smart enough to realize they can use an advert IN the video itself then it's not an issue.

It's only an issue is you're a moron, aside from that, don't complain. You upload it to the internet, it's pretty much free game to anybody, if you want something out of your hobby then get a damn sponsor and suck it up. Not everyone is nice and dandy.

Overall, you put time and effort into your content and you upload to Youtube. You already know adverts won't always support you, that's just how things are.

If you earn respect and have a good channel community that loves your content, I'm sure they'd be plenty willing to not use Adblock.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

It most certainly is not. My computer, I pay the internet bill, I can damn well do what I want (within law that is). And again, I use the whitelist (LTT is on it, Jimsterling, college humour etc-channels that I like and want to support)

A huge amount of people use adblock for YouTube alone. You should really do some more reading on ad blocking before you comment further.

PMSL

It most certainly is not. My computer, I pay the internet bill, I can damn well do what I want (within law that is). And again, I use the whitelist (LTT is on it, Jimsterling, college humour etc-channels that I like and want to support)

A huge amount of people use adblock for YouTube alone. You should really do some more reading on ad blocking before you comment further.

Youtubers have the numbers.  They know how prevalent adblock is.  It's a big problem for tech youtubers.  Less of a problem for makeup youtubers.

Like I've said before.  I don't bother with adblock because I don't spend my entire life on youtube watching short videos.  Who cares if there's a 30s ad at the start of the WAN show.  It's 1.5 hours long.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well maybe if they weren't getting blocked they wouldn't be so obnoxious and intrusive

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Well maybe if they weren't getting blocked they wouldn't be so obnoxious and intrusive

You don't get it do you?

PMSL