PC Games Purchase

Whats the best online store to but games from steam, origin, uplay, gog, or buy CD's

it's really confusing as thier is no website which have all games, so what do you think, buy EA games from origin and ubisoft from uplay and all other games from steam, or just buy CD's and save money with deals.

Whats the best online store to but games from steam, origin, uplay, gog, or buy CD's

it's really confusing as thier is no website which have all games, so what do you think, buy EA games from origin and ubisoft from uplay and all other games from steam, or just buy CD's and save money with deals.

Really, I only buy from Origin and Steam. Has always worked for me (I only buy in the sales though)

G2A seems cool, but have never bothered with it, so can't give a whole lot input on that.

On G2A you can get Shield or something for 1 USD extra, so that when the key does not work, you can get a new one from them.

Seems smart to do.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Use Steam the most, Origin as well, and don't use Uplay unless absolutely necessary. CDs are dying, and most of them just install and make you register with one of the programs anyway.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Buy from all sorts of places.  A great way to get cheap Steam keys is from Humble Bundle.  Also check Green Man Gaming, GamersGate, Amazon (US), Indie Gala, etc.  Some people will say to buy from G2A but they are shady.  Also note the Steam Summer Sale is coming up on June 11th so check to see if they have any good deals. Oh and about Origin at times they have been giving games away for free and severely discounting them so check them out every so often.  A good place to keep up on gaming deals is on Red Flag Deals as they have a section just for gaming related deals.  Also Dealzon is good for finding out stuff. I also should mention that Indie Gala has a free game every week it seems which you can add to your account by just signing up again and again for the newsletter.  Many free games out there give Steam cards so hey if you get enough cards from all these games you can make some Steam cash and buy what you really want.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Steam by far has the most diverse selection (however thanks to Greenlight you need to tread a little carefully at times)

Highly recommend you sign up to Humble Bundle, If you see a game you like you can buy it and at least 5 others for just $1 (if you so desire)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

SNIP

It really depends, most people tend to buy from steam, especially during the crazy ass sales (I have around 500 games from there)

GOG is great for old games, or if you want to be DRM Free

Origin - some games can ONLY be bought from here like Battlefield etc

UPlay - most Ubisoft games must use UPLAY (but you can buy them on steam/elsewhere usually)

Others - maybe like G2A , Amazon, or other ditital stores - can be great for good deals - however 90% of the time they give you a steam code

most DVD games give you a steam code - and collecting hundreds of boxes takes up lots of storage in your house

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

steam is the go to place for games, but i have found that you can save quite a bit by checking origin and the humble store before you pull the trigger in steam

Screen: AOC u3477Pqu 60Hz@3440x1440 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k GPU: 2x sli MSI GTX 980 OCV1  Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR  Case: Define R5  SSD Storage: 840 EVO 500GB HDD Storage: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  PSU: EVGA supernova G2 850W  RAM: 16GB hyperX 1866 (2x8GB) Cooling:Custom water loop with 2x280 radiators

so are you going to buy 20.000+ titles out there?

No, i'm just buying around 100 and not at once, but i'm asking to know where is the best best place and stick with it.

No, i'm just buying around 100 and not at once, but i'm asking to know where is the best best place and stick with it.

In your case then steam is your best bet at getting what you want

Sorry but the best way to get deals is to not shop at just one place.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Sorry but the best way to get deals is to not shop at just one place.

But, isn't there a way to get deals and not have a lot of game providers, like steam summer deal or indiegala -as you mentioned- , like are these kind of deals ENOUGH?

Steam and G2A are 2 solid choices, regulary use them and never had any complaints.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

steam is best, but some company like EA only allow their newer games to be sold on their online store(origin)

GOG has the advantage of no DRM whatsoever, Steam is the least annoying of the DRMs though.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

G2A is the way to go!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400