In need of a new monitor...

LNW

Hey all, I am looking for a new monitor, I'm buying a 970 soon, so I need a new monitor to go with it. Preferably under $400 or so but I'm willing to go + or - some. I currently have a horrible 1400x900 monitor with my GTX 760, but have used 1080p, on my brother's monitor so I know what it looks like. My question, is; should I go with 1080p, 1440p, or 2560x1080? I like the ultrawide monitors, but I just don't know how well games scale with it. And as for 1440p, I don't know if it's a noticeable change over 1080p or not. Thanks!!

If you want a bit of a wider screen, so you can do more at once, go 2560x1080. I've seen some awesome ultrawides from LG, that are in the $250-$400 pricepoint. The reason I have 250-400 is because the price in the current market will change with time. Or, if you want crazy sharp text, go 1440p. I don't know the pricing on a good 1440p panel. But if you want to get 2 or maybe 3 cheap but good 1080p panels, go with the Asus VX248H. Mine is a month old, and it was 159.99 on Amazon, but I'm sure it can be had for cheaper elsewhere.

My total recommendation is an ultrawide 2560x1080 display. They are wide, so you don't have to use dual monitors to get more done at once, and they have good pixel densities, at least until you get into the 30+ inch range.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!