Can 600w handle 2 way sli 980?

I am buying a computer that comes with a palit gtx 980 and I would like to upgrade later on to a 2 way sli 980. But it only comes with a SHARKOON 600W PSU 80 plus bronze I would like to know if it would be enough to power 2 980's thank you.

Not enough mate. 700W minimum.

175 watt per card....

350 watt max

Woudn't that be enough? lol

Edit: or 750? 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Depends on how far you push the cards. At stock you may be able to get by (unlikely, depending on the games used, many benchmarks show up to 300w power consumption at stock) but if you want to get any kind of overclock out of those cards and want to run a decent cpu along side it I would recommend an 800W+ power supply at the very least. Note that the wattage listed on your powersupply is often the very peak of what these psu's can provide and efficient/stable power delivery is usually around 70-80% of the rated wattage. Personally I would go with a 1000W power supply to run these cards if it were my system.

For reference, check this article: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/october/overclocking_the_gtx_980

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

It might work, but it's not worth the risk. If you insist on doing it then limit their power to at most 80-90% as they consume up to 300W as shown above. It's absolutely not worth risking blowing the PSU, potentially killing multiple components.

That's the TDP. Nvidia states a minimum 500W PSU- that will be more for two cards.

I assume they are conpensating for OC headroom? :P

I assume they are conpensating for OC headroom? :P

No, they are compensating for shitty PSUs.  A good 650W is safe, 600 a little scarier, 550, scarier still but should work.

No, they are compensating for shitty PSUs.  A good 650W is safe, 600 a little scarier, 550, scarier still but should work.

Thought so, I presume they are on about those OEM PSUs that brick it or expode lol

My PC used to be 970 SLI. Everything was overclocked to the max and i drew ~420W (230V) from the wall under full synthetic load. So you might get away with it, if you even have enough connectors for all those cards. Nevertheless, a bit more power would be good.

who cares...

Also modern graphics cards have momentary peak loads ~70 to 80 watts higher than their rated TDP.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync