Want to extend my current wired/wireless connection

Victorious Secret

Okay so here is the deal. My ISP gave me a combo modem/wireless router which is great...for a single floor of the home. 

I would like to extend what that unit is doing to the other floors. Could I take a wired connection from the 2in1 unit and send it to an access point and have that send out a 2nd WiFi signal for the upper floors, with the 2nd WiFi signal having its own name/password/etc? 

Try Powerline for extending Wird connections. for the WiFi signal, I  believe d-link has a access point for extending signals that works pretty well, it allows you to have either or (different name and password or the same through out the house) work pretty well 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Okay so here is the deal. My ISP gave me a combo modem/wireless router which is great...for a single floor of the home. 

I would like to extend what that unit is doing to the other floors. Could I take a wired connection from the 2in1 unit and send it to an access point and have that send out a 2nd WiFi signal for the upper floors, with the 2nd WiFi signal having its own name/password/etc? 

Yep that's what I've done in my house, I used this router as a 5ghz AP for my upstairs/backhouse and for all my devices downstairs I connect to a separate router. Probably not the optimal way to do it but it works for me.

Honestly, What I'd do is turn the ISP's 2-in-1's Wi-Fi radio off. and set up 1 or 2 Ubiquiti Unifi APs, imo. You could get network to them via powerline.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Oh I should add, the 2in1 has 4 ports and my home is setup with some existing ethernet ports, so getting a proper wire upstairs isn't an issue. I just wasn't sure which product to use to extend that wired connection to a separate wireless one.