Many Aviation enthusiasts on LTT?

Bicko96

is there many AvGeeks on here?

just curious as im crazy about aviation and was wondering if there are many other people like me!

if you are post below about it; for example

how did you get into it?

do you plan to work or do you work in aviation?

Favorite Aircraft and/or airlines?

Me;

im into aviation since i was around 2, every weekend was spent at the back of the airport with my dad watching the airplanes land and takeoff for 10 hours of the day. as i grew up i got more and more fond of aviation and now, its all i eat, sleep, think and do :D

all my life i've wanted to work in aviation and now i do, im now an aircraft maintenance engineer and each work day consists of fixing the thing i love :)

Favorite Aircraft: a330

Favorite Airline: Aer Lingus

I'm going to take Avionics Technologies in 2017.

Got into it because I traveled alot, 2-4 flights a year since I was born. First flight was when I was 8 weeks old.

Favorite Aircraft : 737-700

Favorite Airline : Westjet

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

yes. used to want to be a pilot. untill I got turned down cus of my medical. 2 times in a row. 

wanted to be an aircraft mechanic too. untill I got into pc's xD

fav aircraft ? F-86 I know that thing from nose to exaust

fav airline ? Lufthansa 

got into aviation when I joined the RCAC (royal canadian air cadets) where I still am. wich is where I got refused for flight school. glider and power... so yeah.   

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well ive been into aviation for all my life , both my dad and grandpa were in the air-force/military haha 

i worked in the industry for a short period of time repairing air frames and what not ,but not anymore. i  might later on in life go back and work on the engines and what not but idk yet 

fav aircraft ? probably the good old spitfire and the aw 101 cormorant  , fav airline ? Lufthansa  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i am helo mech by trade,

i go to a university that specializes in aviation

and i major in engineering and minor in helo operation and aeronautics 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I've always loved aircraft since I was young. All my toys when I was 2-6 were all SR-71, F14s, and F-18s replicas(and I used to travel on planes a lot with my parents in planes). My first word was "perpinner" which was supposed to mean propeller. I've always wanted to get my pilot's licence before my driver's licence and although it might still happen unfortunately it probably isn't.

I definitely want to go into Aerospace Engineering if I can. I know it isn't as glamorous anymore (unless you work for SpaceX in which case it is extremely glamorous!) but it is something I think I would love.

Favorite aircraft: SR-71 of course

Favorite airliner(I'm going to just do passenger plane because I don't know a ton about airliners): Does the space shuttle count? If not the then the Cessna 150

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I am into aviantion since I as like 7 or 8 when I flew for the first time, When I was 10 my parents bought me a throttle quadant and yoke from saitek and installed FSX, I'm planning to try to do the private pilot course when I can

My favourite aircraft are the 777 and 737-800

I don't actually have a favourite airline, I've flown in like 4 airlines (AA, aerolineas argentinas, LAN, and Copa) and I think the best one is disputed between AA and Copa

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

If that I like WarThunder planes counts, then me.

Fav airplane? Pff : A10 Warthog

One of my uncles is one out of only 11 test pilots at airbus and got an extra 300, my other uncle is pilot at tui and got a pitts. Since one of my biggest hobbies is photography I ocassionaly do plane spotting (taking pictures of planes). Fav plane: p51 (ive even done a 20min flight in the back seat of one) Fav airline: lufthansa; Wanna become a pilot (more of my pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132589838@N05/albums ) 18134308265_fb102fbeb3_k.jpg

I enjoy watching the "Air Crash Investigation" tv series that airs in the UK that talk about some of the high-profile crashes and why they happened. It's easy to get caught up the technical discussion in the MH370 crash and what's the plausible resting locations are (Diamantina Escarpment in my view) and finding stuff down that deep will take many more years of searching, if not decades/never.

From what I hear it's a prohibitively-expensive hobby and to get any air-traffic work requires a lot of "grandfathering" in from previous employees/friends.

I love tracking the occasional "ghost" plane though on flight radar sites if one breaks on the news, but usually we don't hear about it until ~30-40 minutes after the fact if we're lucky. Remember the one that flew over Cuba last year and crashed off the shore of Jamaica? Love a "current situation."

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I'm training for my PPL at the moment, and am hoping to do my first solo this coming August on my 16th birthday :)

I like flying my racing quadcopter.

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro

• 2 months later...

I love that this topic is a thing. While we're at it, any VATSIM guys? Controllers...pilots?

Laptop "Blake" Asus N550JK: Intel Core i7-4700HQ, GTX850M, 8GB RAM, 1TB 5400RPM HDD

Tablet: NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet (Wifi)

Speakers: Klipsch Promedia 2.1