Oneplus One gets price drop. Begins Flash sales.

Majinferno

Hey fam,

We’ve said before that we’re not making money with the One, but we’ve decided to experiment with our pricing this week. For the first time ever, the OnePlus One in 64GB Sandstone Black and 16GB Silk White will be available at a new price (starting from $249) in a series of flash sales.

Our Flash Sale experiment will last all week, June 1-7. Times will vary every other day, so everyone around the world will have a fair chance to buy.

Each day’s sale has very limited quantity, so if you miss the deal one day, just come back the next. We’ll announce the flash sales on our social media channels as well. Follow us for the most up-to-date information!

- Facebook

- Twitter

- Google+

Please note that this promotion is only available on OnePlus.net. For our fans in India and Southeast Asia, country-specific offers will be coming soon! Stay tuned to your local social media channels.

Daily Sale Schedule:

June 1 - 12:00 GMT (8 am EST)

June 2 - 2:00 GMT (10 pm EST -1 day)

June 3 - 12:00 GMT (8 am EST)

June 4 - 2:00 GMT (10 pm EST -1 day)

June 5 - 12:00 GMT (8 am EST)

June 6 - 2:00 GMT (10 pm EST -1 day)

June 7 - 12:00 GMT (8 am EST)

Source:http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-one-is-now-at-a-special-price-flash-sales-all-week.314147/

Pretty cool. Not much to say as I already own the One. This should help with competition though.

Kinda funny, 249 for a phone that still crushes most of the other ones, except those 3-4 high end flagships

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Kinda funny, 249 for a phone that still crushes most of the other ones, except those 3-4 high end flagships

Except for when your touchscreen stops working because it's too hot outside.

Then it's just sad.

Then it's just sad.

Wow that sounds like a ridiculous problem ^^

Sounds really sad to me yes

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Wow that sounds like a ridiculous problem ^^

Sounds really sad to me yes

OnePlus then says a "firmware update" will fix said touchscreen issues. But they don't. Because software can't overcome dodgy build quality.

At 250 (if you can even get one) it'll be a great phone. You just get what you pay for and God help you if you actually have issues with it. Customer service is a insult.

OnePlus then says a "firmware update" will fix said touchscreen issues. But they don't. Because software can't overcome dodgy build quality.

At 250 (if you can even get one) it'll be a great phone. You just get what you pay for and God help you if you actually have issues with it. Customer service is a insult.

Yeah, I think the One Plus One was never made to fit the mainstream user, but I look forward to see their new phone

Let's see if I can get my dad to upgrade his phone...

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Issues were fixed in the cm12.1 5/15 nightly. Confirmed on the subreddit. Well see this patch pushed out in next ota :|

Issues were fixed in the cm12.1 5/15 nightly. Confirmed on the subreddit. Well see this patch pushed out in next ota :|

That's what they say each time a fix gets pushed out. Hard to take them at their word anymore.

That's what they say each time a fix gets pushed out. Hard to take them at their word anymore.

Its actually the community this time confirming the fix. Last year was a different story though. It seems they're several vendors for the Ones display which requires several firmware revisions. I think we've had 3 so far.

One for the initial test. Another to implement for different vendors, then the recent one which was pulled to fix a battery drain issue.

Does anyone know if the devices they're selling in the "flash sale" are the same ones that have the screen issues? Thanks in advance

Good thing I bought a oneplus one A WEEK AGO.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Then it's just sad.

It does? Never experienced that before. Then I'm in Ireland and our current summer is filled with gale force winds, rain and some hale.  :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Then it's just sad.

It never happened with my dad's OPO. It's been working just fine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Does anyone know if the devices they're selling in the "flash sale" are the same ones that have the screen issues? Thanks in advance

Hit or miss. Touch issues tend to pop after a couple months if use, but luckily you'll have the firmware fix by then.

Software support for customer service is decent. They'll give you trouble shooting steps. If you need help, they'll even offer to do it for you remotely.

Hardware customer support is lacking. The steps to get approved for an RMA can be tedious for some. It can take around 2 weeks to get a new device in your hand.

I'd give it a thumbs up if you can't wait for the Oneplus Two