Photogenic London

I'll be leaving for London in a couple of days. And of course I'll be taking my camera with me.
I've never been in London but I'm every exited to go and take some pictures.
But now my question is, does anybody know any nice spots in London where you can take some nice pictures? 

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

I should know.....I live in London.

People seem to love the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben but just walk along the river and see what you see

I'll be leaving for London in a couple of days. And of course I'll be taking my camera with me.

I've never been in London but I'm every exited to go and take some pictures.

But now my question is, does anybody know any nice spots in London where you can take some nice pictures? 

The London eye and some of the bridges are nice. 

Big Ben is also nice. Also make sure to go see the changing of the guard, that giant 5 story toy store, and go see some of the government buildings. I was last in London back in 2005 so I am sure other people will have better ideas. 

As above - if you want to visit the tourist attractions - do it. However, in my view, there are way better places for pictures in London. Have a wonder down towards the Thames Barrier as you can get really nice shots around that area. Also, the Docklands is a newly renovated area of London and is lovely to be around.

I probably will visit the tourist attractions but like Dave said I'm more looking for the places you don't see everyday in the magazines.

As above - if you want to visit the tourist attractions - do it. However, in my view, there are way better places for pictures in London. Have a wonder down towards the Thames Barrier as you can get really nice shots around that area. Also, the Docklands is a newly renovated area of London and is lovely to be around.

The Thames Barrier looks nice, I will go see that, looks like you can take some real nice shots over there.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70