TF2 Causing my whole computer to crash

NeonJam

Hi all,

So a few months ago I started to get crashes for TF2 very infrequently and these were system wide crashes as in my computer would just go out like a blown bulb. But as it was very infrequent I just thought that every game has its issues. But more recently it has been getting so frequent I can't finish a game/match without it crashing 3-5 times! I have run tests on my hardware and operating system (The Seatools Long and short Generics along with the S.M.A.R.T Tests with them all checking out fine) and seeing as my computer never crashes outside of TF2 and they all checked out it must be the game. I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it with no success and used the command  steam://flushconfig in run but to no success any Ideas!

System Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

PSU: Corsair CX600W Semi-Modular

HDD: 2TB

CPU: AMD FX-6300 at 3.5GHz 6 Cores  

GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 270X OC 2GB

RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Beast at 2133

COOLER: Stock

With Windows 8.1 Pro 

Thanks a lot for your support,

NeonJam

Hi all,

So a few months ago I started to get crashes for TF2 very infrequently and these were system wide crashes as in my computer would just go out like a blown bulb. But as it was very infrequent I just thought that every game has its issues. But more recently it has been getting so frequent I can't finish a game/match without it crashing 3-5 times! I have run tests on my hardware and operating system (The Seatools Long and short Generics along with the S.M.A.R.T Tests with them all checking out fine) and seeing as my computer never crashes outside of TF2 and they all checked out it must be the game. I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it with no success and used the command  steam://flushconfig in run but to no success any Ideas!

System Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

PSU: Corsair CX600W Semi-Modular

HDD: 2TB

CPU: AMD FX-6300 at 3.5GHz 6 Cores  

GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 270X OC 2GB

RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Beast at 2133

COOLER: Stock

With Windows 8.1 Pro 

Thanks a lot for your support,

NeonJam

Try to update your graphics card drivers. Lol. Happens to me sometimes on some games, all you need is to update your drivers.

EDIT: Re Read. Your whole computer crashed? Well, now I am not sure if outdated drivers are the problem.

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>