NZXT Kraken X61 VS. Corsair H110

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

The H110 GT is $184 where as the X61 is $175.

then get the x61, they will perform the same

I have been wondering what would be a better cooler for quite a while now. Corsair stock fans are as loud as ya Mum but Corsair AIOs seem to be praised by quite a lot of members on the forum. So I'm not sure.

The Kraken looks nice, cools well (from what I've heard), and has relatively quiet stock fans. 

The H110 doesn't look AS nice, I don't know if the fans are loud, and for a $175 cooler should cool just as nicely as an X61.

So, what's the best one? Should I get the H110 or Kraken X61? Should I spend the couple extra dollars and get the GT? Or would it be better to just get the X61 and save the money and still have similar cooling?

Also, are the GT variants fans quieter than the H110's? Are they cooler than the X61's?

P.S: The X61 and the H110 are the same price, compare prices in AUD please!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

the H110 is old

if youre going to compare the x61, compare it to the H110iGT

not sure if its the same price or not, but performance is the same

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I personally like the Kraken X61 more.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

the H110 is old

if youre going to compare the x61, compare it to the H110iGT

not sure if its the same price or not, but performance is the same

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I have the X61 and the corsair h100i. They are both great but the NZXT comes with everything you need to control it via software (including changing the led colour). With the corsair you need to buy the corsair link separately.

Other than that they are both excellent in terms of performance and build quality.

then get the x61, they will perform the same

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have the X61 and the corsair h100i. They are both great but the NZXT comes with everything you need to control it via software (including changing the led colour). With the corsair you need to buy the corsair link separately.

Other than that they are both excellent in terms I'd performance and build quality.

corsair link is software you download

just like NZXT CAM

you dont need to buy anything

Spoiler

Other than that they are both excellent in terms of performance and build quality.

You paid for Corsair link? Well, someone got ripped off...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

corsair link is software you download

just like NZXT CAM

you dont need to buy anything

Mine doesn't have any USB connection, maybe other models do?

I actually haven't tried but i guess you can't control it without the USB unless your mobo has fan controlling support with speed curves.

You paid for Corsair link? Well, someone got ripped off...

I got the whole h100i unit for £20 ($35), so I was far from being ripped off. But my version doesn't have the USB header that's all (maybe because it was refurbished).

I got the whole h100i unit for £20 ($35), so I was far from being ripped off. But my version doesn't have the USB header that's all (maybe because it was refurbished).

20 quid for an 80< AiO? damn

Mine doesn't have any USB connection, maybe other models do?

I actually haven't tried but i guess you can't control it without the USB unless your mobo has fan controlling support with speed curves.

The H100i has a cable that goes from mini USB on the pump to internal USB2 on your motherboard

and you cannot control a USB header with motherboard fan curves

that only works for fan headers

corsair link communicates over the USB cable to your pump and that is what you use to change the fan curves

Spoiler

The H100i has a cable that goes from mini USB on the pump to internal USB2 on your motherboard

and you cannot control a USB header with motherboard fan curves

that only works for fan headers

corsair link communicates over the USB cable to your pump and that is what you use to change the fan curves

That's right, the USB is only controlled by the software, not the motherboard. I.e., my NZXT X61 USB cable failed on me and I just connected the fans directly on the motherboard, so I can still control the fans with the mobo fan curves (while I'm waiting for NZXT to send a new one).

My Corsair unit was refurbished (hence the low price) so I don't think it came with the USB cable, but I just checked it again and I can confirm that in fact it HAS the USB port on the pump, so you can connect it to the PC and control with the software. My bad! I missed the USB connector when I installed it and got the impression (wrongly) that you had to buy an adaptor for some reason.

The Corsair unit is in my server so I didn't really bother much with adjusting the fan speeds, etc.

So yes, just to clarify, it has indeed the USB port to connect it to the computer, so you can just download the software like the NZXT.

I would still prefer the NZXT tho (personal choice). This was my first buy and only got the Corsair because of the price.

PS: Sorry for the confusion with the Cosair Link thing.

I was also deciding between these two for a long time, however I went with Corsair H110i GT. It was a little more expensive, but the Corsair customer support is known to be excellent, even in cases of leaking.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+