Did my card quit or can something else cause this?

Bartmole
Go to solution Solved by Bartmole,

Thankyou, that was it, I moved 2 weeks ago and the cable never got tightened, fell out in my hands just now.

Hi, here's the story. I have an Asrock Extreme6 X99 and I want to install a Noctua NH-U14S but that requires moving my Gigabyte Windforce G1 960 to the second slot. The second I did so, the display became reddish with lines and dots which I couldn't fix so I just shut down the computer for the night. Today, all was fine for about an hour then the same thing began every few seconds and then permanently back to the way the display was yesterday and changing back to the first slot doesn't help. This card is only about 2 months old and has worked perfectly from day 1, no OC, so was this just coincidence or do I need to change something, thankyou?

post-44291-0-71426900-1433026197_thumb.j

Hi, here's the story. I have an Asrock Extreme6 X99 and I want to install a Noctua NH-U14S but that requires moving my Gigabyte Windforce G1 960 to the second slot. The second I did so, the display became reddish with lines and dots which I couldn't fix so I just shut down the computer for the night. Today, all was fine for about an hour then the same thing began every few seconds and then permanently back to the way the display was yesterday and changing back to the first slot doesn't help. This card is only about 2 months old and has worked perfectly from day 1, no OC, so was this just coincidence or do I need to change something, thankyou?

Since the lines arent on this screenshot I'd guess there is a problem with the connection between screen and gpu, try checking the cable connections and replugging it.

Thankyou, that was it, I moved 2 weeks ago and the cable never got tightened, fell out in my hands just now.