Just Bought a Wii U

Madmanchris1

So yeah i bought the wii for splatoon mostly as it looks fun to play and i think my gf will really enjoy it too. 

Can you guys recommend any accessories i need? Or games? (got splatoon & zelda wind) or good sites for cheap codes.

or if you wanna play with me drop me your name i think mine is madmanchrisr 

also bought it from Argos for £199 (premium edition with zelda & splatoon) also got a £20 voucher with it. Every where else its like £250 so a pretty good price i think. 

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

SNIP

MarioKart 8 is the only reason I'd buy a Wii U and so should you get that awesome. Now after the 200CC mode was launched.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Bayonetta 1 & 2

I have look at some youtube vids now

smash

MarioKart 8 is the only reason I'd buy a Wii U and so should you get that awesome. Now after the 200CC mode was launched.

Yeah i want smash and kart gonna see if i can get them preowned for cheap tomorrow. 

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

also whats this amibo thing about? are they like dlc characters or something? 

Every Wii U owner should have:

- Splatoon

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Bayonetta 1+2

- Super Mario 3D World

Other than that, I'd suggest you get a Wii U Pro Controller for multiplayer and for single player stuff when you don't want to use the GamePad. Then if you don't have it a WiiMote + Nunchuck combo is probably worth getting both for backwards compatibility (it'll allow you to get Wii games, some you can download) and for some Wii U titles. NintendoLand in particular is a pretty decent party game which requires WiiMotes. But really, 90% of the time I'm playing games on mine it's on the GamePad. A quick round of Mario Kart during half-time, that sort of thing.

With Amiibos, it's complicated. Mostly the value in them is the fact that they're nice little figurines. I wouldn't think of them as "DLC" but in a way that's kinda what they are. Mostly you use them to unlock largely cosmetic features in games, often stuff related to the character it is. For example if you scan MegaMan into Mario Kart you get a MegaMan hat. There's a Yoshi game coming out where you can unlock different patterned Yoshi's when you scan an Amiibo. Then there are some games where they have specific unlocks. In Splatoon the Splatoon Amiibo unlock a challenge mode which gives you access to more gear. Basically if you really like Pacman, for example, you can buy a Pacman figurine that will also unlock Pacman related things in some games. That's how I'd look at it.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

also whats this amibo thing about? are they like dlc characters or something? 

They are physical DLC that have an NFC chip thhat you use with games

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I don't how good the games are but you could take a look here as there are Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games available in the Humble Nindie Bundle this week for cheap.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S