The Unspeakable Happened

mchllatham03

This reminds me of the time I was moving house. Had my PC in the tower box and was carrying it up a bunch of stairs, unfortunately for me the bottom of the box give way. It only fell a foot or two, and luckily for me it did't suffer any visible damage. But that moment when it dropped I thought my world was about to come crashing down and my heart beat out of my chest. 

Just be happy you didn't have acrylic hardline tubing installed, then it would have been safe to say "RIP"

And of course also cherish the fact that you didn't get hurt!  ^_^

Psh, I'd still use the beat up case. :P

For sure. Adds character! ;) 

With regards to the OP; My main gaming rig never moves from my desk. If I need to take a gaming rig somewhere, that's why I built project stalker that cost me next to nothing and has a proper handle for carrying. Regardless, there comes a time for many of us when we have to move our main rigs, whether it be from one room to another or if you're moving to another place. No matter how careful you are, accidents can still happen. I would feel so sick if I dropped my PC like this. Glad the system still works and that noting was severely damaged. I would be suspect of unseen damage, though I believe PC components are more tough/robust than most people think. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Why would you move your PC to your car...

He could of been moving

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I agree, when I take my rig to a friends house, I remove my gpu, and put a seatbelt on it, but I would take the dell everywhere for that if it wasn't super underpowered and didn't have a dead motherboard... I really should upgrade it, a Athlon x4 630 and 650ti can't do much nowadays. :(

Going to do that to my 980 if there's ever a LAN. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I worked for a moving company and.......lets just say pc's are tougher then they look:)