PC to run GTA V

Rocko

Cheapest PC to run GTA 5 on high settings 2560x1440

30-45 FPS.

I don't mind overclocking.

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

An i5 and a 970 combo might get you there.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Here is my build: The Pulverizer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qhYLLk

Black and Red theme, will run GTA V pretty well (on paper it says it will), and has plenty of room for upgrades in the future.

You can store GTA V on the SSD for even quicker loading times and the graphics card will work well on GTA V on High if not Max settings

On 2560x1440?

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

Black and Red theme, will run GTA V pretty well (on paper it says it will), and has plenty of room for upgrades in the future.

You can store GTA V on the SSD for even quicker loading times and the graphics card will work well on GTA V on High if not Max settings

On 2560x1440?

No just no

On 2560x1440?

Yes on paper it can run this res well.

No just no

Why not :'(

No just no

That build will work just fine. Not sure what you're on about.

Because its overpriced and wont run it at 45fps with everything maxed

You're not making much sense

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Because its overpriced and wont run it at 45fps with everything maxed

A 970 can run it at 45 maxed. The recommended for GTA V is a GTX  660. The 970 is way better than the 660 so I'm pretty sure it can run GTA V Max at more than 45 fps

You could easily shave off more than 150$ 

sure, you could go with a smaller ssd and a cheaper case, but that is not a compromise i would want to make.

sure, you could go with a smaller ssd and a cheaper case, but that is not a compromise i would want to make.

You forgot one big thing a 150$ Z97 motherboard for a locked processor made me lmfao.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k8KKQ7

this isn't even cutting it down that much too, in fact its upgrading in a few places where you will feel it the most.

You forgot one big thing a 150$ Z97 motherboard for a locked processor made me lmfao.

this isn't even cutting it down that much too, in fact its upgrading in a few places where you will feel it the most.

I'd go cheaper ram, a better mobo, and an unlocked chip. 

A 970 can run it at 45 maxed. The recommended for GTA V is a GTX  660. The 970 is way better than the 660 so I'm pretty sure it can run GTA V Max at more than 45 fps

recommends a 660 for 1080p* mind you

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

But then you lose any chance of upgrading to better cpu in the future. Also, non k chips can be overclocked to an extent as it is only the multiplier that is locked.

If you're not considering SLIing in the future, it'd be fine to get a cheaper PSU. 

If you are, then ignore this comment.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

But then you lose any chance of upgrading to better cpu in the future. Also, non k chips can be overclocked to an extent as it is only the multiplier that is locked.

Why do you buy a 170$ CPU only to upgrade it to a 200$ unlocked CPU latter.

Why spend a extra 80$ to fiddle with the thing that's notoriously unstable to get a extra 5-10%.

If I did it my way this is what it would be.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GCbTxr

Get a Hyper 212 Evo instead of an H60 and it would be perfect. The h60s price to performance is terrible. 

True but maybe a Darkrock Pro 3 or NH-D15 for the extra 30$.

Much better price to performance... Might be good. They'll allow for a solid overclock.