Is Used 980 worth for price?

hi guys. I am currently without a gpu and was wondering if I should get a 970 new or should I buy a used 980. The 980 I am looking at is on the classifieds here for $450 and it's zotac. Is it worth the price or should I skip it? thanks

depends on what the condition of the card is. But I would go for it

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

thats literally $50 off the sale price its worth closer to 350

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

EVGA new are only 500 bucks

so nope

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

hi guys. I am currently without a gpu and was wondering if I should get a 970 new or should I buy a used 980. The 980 I am looking at is on the classifieds here for $450 and it's zotac. Is it worth the price or should I skip it? thanks

Why not just get 970 SLI? What is your budget? What is your resolution? I suggest you get a new 970 or 980. EVGA has a deal where you get the witcher 3 free and Batman Arkham Knight free.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Why not just get 970 SLI? What is your budget? What is your resolution? I suggest you get a new 970 or 980. EVGA has a deal where you get the witcher 3 free and Batman Arkham Knight free.

I am not trying to go over 500 bucks and I got a shield tablet as a gift so I noticed my friend had a 970 and was happy I have a 1440p monitor coming next week qnix evo. And I didn't like the witcher series surprisingly so the free game has no value to me. I pm the Poster on the classifieds and asked if he can negotiate. I see that the 980 was better for too much more but since it's cheaper I think I will go 980 if he says lower even if it's 425 bucks.

I am not trying to go over 500 bucks and I got a shield tablet as a gift so I noticed my friend had a 970 and was happy I have a 1440p monitor coming next week qnix evo. And I didn't like the witcher series surprisingly so the free game has no value to me. I pm the Poster on the classifieds and asked if he can negotiate. I see that the 980 was better for too much more but since it's cheaper I think I will go 980 if he says lower even if it's 425 bucks.

980 would be great, I think you should try and get it.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

980 would be great, I think you should try and get it.

Yeah I am just waiting on a reply gave him a slightly lower offer.

Yeah I am just waiting on a reply gave him a slightly lower offer.

make sure to be safe and make sure the seller has a registered paypal address and all that stuff as well.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I will. I think he won the card during a giveaway linus did.

make sure to be safe and make sure the seller has a registered paypal address and all that stuff as well.

I will. I think he won the card during a giveaway linus did

I will. I think he won the card during a giveaway linus did

wow, I would never sell it if I got it from linus..

wow, I would never sell it if I got it from linus..

I wouldn't neither but he can't find a block for it. :D

Just an FYI, Zotac warranties do not transfer. 

I don't mind. It's just one of those things you just gotta go for.

I can't imagine paying that much for a used GPU, especially when GPUs can be the parts that die quickest since they're the part of a gaming computer usually pushed hardest. A $75 discount on $500 would never convince me to buy used, especially when I can make some of that money back selling a game code and I get a code for another game too.

I can't imagine paying that much for a used GPU, especially when GPUs can be the parts that die quickest since they're the part of a gaming computer usually pushed hardest. A $75 discount on $500 would never convince me to buy used, especially when I can make some of that money back selling a game code and I get a code for another game too.

"It's actually the cheapest 980 I found too. I am pretty much sold on it though. Thanks tho". Is what he said so please try no to discourage him. The card is fine and the odds of it failing or nil. Never done anything out of the norm for it as well. Its good.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

a 980 offers 20% more performance than a 970. if you want a powerful single card then that's a fair jump in performance, hence why people paid up to 50% more for a 980 over a 970 when new.

If the price gap is small then buy a used one.

make sure you get the original receipt/invoice so you can claim warranty if you need to.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

1. Get a 970

2. Overclock it

3. ???

4. Profit

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub