FAQ: AMD Radeon Fury/R9 390X (Fiji XT)

Glenwing

the last question/answer cracked me up  :lol:

Q: Will it be able to run 4K at 60fps?
A: Yes.

It will play 4k 60fps :D :D :D :D :D

loooool

The memory bandwidth serves no purpose with a weaker GPU than even the Maxwell cores. Maybe next year AMD...Maybe next year.

The memory bandwidth serves no purpose with a weaker GPU than even the Maxwell cores. Maybe next year AMD...Maybe next year.

But you have no idea if Fiji XT and Fiji PRO is weaker than Maxwell.

At least, not yet.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Don't die on me red team. We need your competition.

Sincerely, Nvidia user who doesn't want Nvidia to become a monopoly.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

But you have no idea if Fiji XT and Fiji PRO is weaker than Maxwell.

At least, not yet.

It seems that if 4096 stream processors was going to be the bragging rights, which got me excited initially isn't really the key to beating the 2800+ Maxwell Processors though if the firestrike is anywhere near being accurate.

I'm hoping these mean nothing but I'm having a feeling like I can see the future and it's not good for Fury X. I'll happily be wrong though but I'm not going to hate being right. I trusted the 980 Ti rumors as being fact when others swore up and down it was never coming out/didn't exist/wasn't real. That's is 100% true. You know who you are. LOL...I did not take notice at the moment but view past threads will show it.

Not to mention the Fury has 3584 Processors. So for 100% I bet it's not going to beat the 980 Ti. So where is this card going to be priced? Makes no sense man.

Fury X isn't as good as we thought...that's one thing I'll stick by. I kept saying wait for AMD guys... they got something up their sleeve. I admit... fail. I was wrong.   I was right about the 980 Ti. I said it would be just as fast but with less Gb...that's just by guessing.

So I sold off my R9 290 a few days back, with the idea of spending about 500 euros in total for a new card. I'm rocking a 40" UHD monitor and while it is possible to play games on that resolution with a 290, I really don't like turning settings from very high to high or medium. :D And the Witcher 3 I had to run at a measly 2560x1440  :rolleyes: 

My plan was to wait and see what the Fury X brings to the table.
As we're nearing the E3 reveal, the prices on the 290X and 295X2 are dropping quite rapidly here in Europe if you know where to look.
I found the 290X for 275 € and the 295X2 for 550 €. Compare this to the 980 Ti which can be found for 709 €. So these are good deals.

Pricing is going to be key, If the Fury X only matches 980 Ti / Titan X performance but has less VRAM. 600 € is really pushing it.
Problem is, by the time we find out pricing and performance, all those 295X2 will have sold out.  <_<

Also factor in that next gen GFX APIs like Vulcan and DX12 will be able to adress each GPU individually with their own Memory and you could be looking at way better performance and more than 4GB practically usable VRAM. This may actually put it (295X2) beyond Fury X performance, albeit with double the Power Draw.

On the other hand Fury X will support more GFX API features, will be more modern hardware (so it supports DSR properly, HDMI 2.0, etc ) And doesn't have to deal with Crossfire on DX11 games.

I would go NVidia if that made any sense price/performance wise, but as it stands now, Nvidia is overpriced in Europe and the 970 is unsuitable for UHD.
The 295X2 does make things more complicated PSU wise, as my CM 850w Silent PRO isn't compatible :/

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

AMD are releasing screensots, in what appears to be games in 8K resolution being played on the Fury X. the screenshots are four times wider and taller than my 1440p display, so that's crazy.

https://i.imgur.com/Gs18BQ4.jpg

http://download.amd.com/images/Crysis3%202015-05-21%2011-17-45-56.bmp  (They take a bit to load)

http://download.amd.com/images/BioShockInfinite%202015-05-14%2014-17-10-13.bmp?hootPostID=325fd1279c179ab435afaacde531a9ff

http://download.amd.com/images/bf4%202015-05-13%2016-01-06-85.bmp?hootPostID=753a594e29997a5dc921fffdfc95135e

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

My phone literally crashes three times before it can load any of these images... I have a Galaxy s5... Fuck

The screenshots aren't really useful for anything, graphics needs to be experienced in motion.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Best FAQ ever! Love it!

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

It seems that if 4096 stream processors was going to be the bragging rights, which got me excited initially isn't really the key to beating the 2800+ Maxwell Processors though if the firestrike is anywhere near being accurate.

I'm hoping these mean nothing but I'm having a feeling like I can see the future and it's not good for Fury X. I'll happily be wrong though but I'm not going to hate being right. I trusted the 980 Ti rumors as being fact when others swore up and down it was never coming out/didn't exist/wasn't real. That's is 100% true. You know who you are. LOL...I did not take notice at the moment but view past threads will show it.

Not to mention the Fury has 3584 Processors. So for 100% I bet it's not going to beat the 980 Ti. So where is this card going to be priced? Makes no sense man.

Fury X isn't as good as we thought...that's one thing I'll stick by. I kept saying wait for AMD guys... they got something up their sleeve. I admit... fail. I was wrong.   I was right about the 980 Ti. I said it would be just as fast but with less Gb...that's just by guessing.

Well, today, AMD just proved you a bit wrong on the prices. Fury X for $649 and Fury for $549. Just came in from E3.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

the 390 launched in 2013.... think about that one hehe

i5 3570k @ 4.9 ghz/1.27 volts, Asus P8Z77-V LK8 Gb Corsair 1600mhzGigabyte Windforce R9 290 1140/1625, Silverstone RV02, Kingston V300 120 gb, 1 TB WD Blue HDD,Seagate barracuda, Evga Supernova 750 G2Hyper 212 EvoWindows 8.1, K70 Red LED Blue switch, Razer Deathadder 2012, Sennehiser HD 598

Well, today, AMD just proved you a bit wrong on the prices. Fury X for $649 and Fury for $549. Just came in from E3.

I was wrong about the price because AMD had said $849 for the top card not telling us there was going to be a dual Fiji based chip.

AMD priced the Fury in a good spot and did not shoot themselves in the foot but that doesn't get them off the hook for the #rebrandgate.

I'm impressed with 1 new GPU from them.  All we got from the LIVE event that was interesting to me at least, was the prices that retail (will jack up).

The 980 Ti isn't even at retail price right now. It's like $20-30 more.

The Fury in theory as of right now is solid..... but people still need benchmarks.

I've read an article that said at E3 the video they showed lost to the 980 Ti in games.  Which now... is fine because the cost is $549 for air cooled Fury.

A card right between 980 and 980 Ti is fine for AMD @ $549. I'm not hating that price. Who would get the 980 now when the Fury is much better?

But...save up another $100 and get the 980 Ti... you see it's still geared more towards Nvidia at the moment until official benchmarks come out.

So now the Fury is revealed and we all await benchmarks. The card is on sale June 24th but only a Team RED fanboy would buy it without seeing reviews and benchmarks.