New system not posting. Urgent help needed.

miggtt699

Hello guys, really need help with this.

Today my friend got the parts he ordered from the local shop, and we are going to build a budget gaming system.

Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD A8 6600K FM2

Motherboard: Asrock FM2A55M-DGS

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

PSU: Just a cheap 500 Watt PSU but it's confirmed to work.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 3

The computer won't post at all... 

I've tried getting my 9600GT on it, still no signal. Tried different VGA cables and nothing, connected it to the living room's TV, still nothing. I don't know what may be causing this, the parts are all brand new, out of the box.

Need help ASAP.

2zdrath.jpg

Try switching out the ram, that is what I would guess. Also did you be sure to be careful with the cpu when inserting it? 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Try switching out the ram, that is what I would guess. Also did you be sure to be careful with the cpu when inserting it? 

Well this is all I have at the moment. My system is old stuff, DDR2 and that won't work. I think it might be the BIOS since it said on the website on my research yesterday that it only will support the 6600K after the BIOS update 2.40 and it's a new board so, I don't think it comes with that update either...

first i would try a different memory stick

pull out the Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz and try different stick of memory

i don't see your memory on the list

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A55M-DGS/?cat=Memory

then if that doesn't work

bench test  the board out of the case.

I don't think it's the RAM. I've found out yesterday while doing some research that it might be the BIOS version of the board, since it only supports the 6600K after the 2.40 update, and it's an out of the box board, so I don't think it has that. The thing is, how am I supposed to update the BIOS since I can't access the computer in the first place?

I don't think it's the RAM. I've found out yesterday while doing some research that it might be the BIOS version of the board, since it only supports the 6600K after the 2.40 update, and it's an out of the box board, so I don't think it has that. The thing is, how am I supposed to update the BIOS since I can't access the computer in the first place?

As far as I know there is no way to flash a BIOS update without booting the machine. Although I do know that in a lot of cases you can call the manufacturer and they can mail you an update BIOS (Note: I have never done this my self, I have just been doing some research.)

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

did you try . booting the board .as you have it out of the case

you could have a short.