Controllers

SirRadget

Hello all.

I usually do a good amount of PC gaming with my PS3 controller.

Though the controller is quite old and dying on me...

I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for controllers?

I was thinking about a PS4 controller to do my PC gaming.

For games such as Mortal Kombat X, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, and some others.

Any suggestions? 

Xbox 360 is the best IMO.

Really don't like the PS4 controller..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The Xbox 360 and One controllers are both fantastic and work great with nearly any game that can make use of controller input. The prices fluctuate pretty heavily on Amazon for the One controller, but the 360 is very attractive because it's consistently priced under $30.

For me, the 360 controller was okay, but I upgraded to the One and any little pain and hand fatigue I used to have is completely gone.

I think any Sony or other third party controllers are going to need some sort of emulation/mapping for some games.

Not a huge fan of the Xbox One controller(Seriously disliked it).  I have rather smaller hands so Xbox is out of the question really....

Logitech F710? (works as XInput like an Xbox controller or Dinput where ypu can set key presses to controller via software) 

Not a huge fan of the Xbox One controller(Seriously disliked it).  I have rather smaller hands so Xbox is out of the question really....

I think that the Xbox 360 controller is the best controller for PC gaming (where applicable).  However, I definitely understand if your preference is for the PlayStation format.  Why not go with the logically obvious and get the PS4 controller for your PC?  If you need to add Bluetooth, a simple nub-type USB dongle is less than $20.

I really like the sticks on the Xbox one controller, but I prefer the triggers of the Xbox 360 controller. I'd suggest a 360 controller since that's cheaper.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

If you like the DualShock, the new DS4 would be a natural upgrade. Logitech's F310 and F710 use the DualShock layout but are otherwise closer to the X360/XOne controllers. And of course if you think you'd like the Xbox style more, then both X360 controller and XOne controller are good choices. The XOne controller requires drivers and extra hardware though.