How to use the least amount of power while downloading on Steam?

Jay123

I need to download about 200GB worth of games from Steam but my internet is pretty slow so I can't really do anything else while this is happening. If I put my computer to sleep will the downloads continue? My PC is just sitting doing nothing but the downloads. How can i use the least amount of power without stopping the downloads?

"An Excellent Signature"

putting the PC to sleep would stop the downloads I normally just leave the PC doing its thing without the monitor on.

I need to download about 200GB worth of games from Steam but my internet is pretty slow so I can't really do anything else while this is happening. If I put my computer to sleep will the downloads continue? My PC is just sitting doing nothing but the downloads. How can i use the least amount of power without stopping the downloads?

I'm not sure if there's a way to continue downloading in sleep mode. But you could do other things like, unplugging you monitor(s) and speakers and misc. peripherals.

Yeah, I already turn off my monitor and speakers.It's a real pain to get to the back of my PC so I usually don't bother with peripherals.

"An Excellent Signature"

If you have a portable drive you could always download it somewhere else if you have access to faster internet, then move the folder to your computer and just validate the files (or just keep them on the disk), you NC scum :P

If you have a friend that have the same game, just copy their back up files. I usually do that

In power options set the max freq the CPU uses for example 30%, and when your gonna use the computer again, put the max freq back to 100%. Also AMD graphics cards are known for going in 'sleep' state when your not using your computer.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Thanks guys. Since my CPU usage is so low since I'm just downloading it's not using much power anyway.

"An Excellent Signature"