Chrome 4k Youtube playback lag

Rabbicats101

I recently got a Dell XPS 13 and immediately installed chrome on it.  It didn't seem quite right as soon as I opened it up.  Everything seemed to stutter a lot and when I went to watch a 4k video on youtube, it locked up the CPU at 100% and lagged the video to all hell.  I opened IE and played back the same video and it ran smooth as butter with CPU usage at 20%.  I also ran a 4k video on my desktop on chrome and it ran fine at 20% as well.  Is chrome just a resource hog or is there something else i'm missing that might solve my chrome stuttering issue.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

New IE is actually lightweight af. This probably isn't the only reason why Chrome is lagging so bad for you playing 4K YouTube, but from a general perspective it's just a much more lightweight browser, since it's designed to run as smoothly as possible on those low end Win8 tablets with mid-range smartphone class CPUs and 2GB of RAM.

"Rawr XD"

IE is actually lightweight af

I know it was smooth across the board.  Chrome runs fine on my desktop though so i'm just wondering if maybe I have out of date drivers or software or something.

I know for a fact that Chrome is a resouce hog -- open Chrome up and open task manager for proof -- but I wasn't aware that IE would improve your experience in any capacity. Thanks for the find, mate!