or replace the ethernet cable....

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

try a new router

or new router firmware

or check the ps4's ethernet port

or replace the ethernet cable....

Tried a new router. Had them come out and replace it. Nothing, but I mean it is a wired connection...

Firmware is up to date

PS4's Ethernet port can't be the problem because same speed on wireless, and other ps4 and PS3.

Ethernet cable shouldn't be at fault, as it works fine on the computer.

Just an update.

I re ran tests a few times on my system and it seems I am getting the exactly same speeds, regardless of the NAT Type. This leads me to believe that Sony screwed something up. I mean they did have a LOT of issues with their network. Maybe they took down a big number of nodes for maintenance, who knows. I'll send them an email..

Just an update.

I re ran tests a few times on my system and it seems I am getting the exactly same speeds, regardless of the NAT Type. This leads me to believe that Sony screwed something up. I mean they did have a LOT of issues with their network. Maybe they took down a big number of nodes for maintenance, who knows. I'll send them an email..

Thanks for checking that for me! Let me know how it turns out. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks for checking that for me! Let me know how it turns out. I appreciate all the help.

Today the PS3 received a "stability" update and my speeds are back to normal. Getting around 50/40Mbps on a 40/40Mbps connection. You can see that the speedtest is not as accurate, then again I am able to burst a little... Anyways, I did talk to Sony Tech Reps, they said doing a factory reset could fix the issue. There is a way for PS3 to be reset without losing data, for PS4 you will need to look it up.

Today the PS3 received a "stability" update and my speeds are back to normal. Getting around 50/40Mbps on a 40/40Mbps connection. You can see that the speedtest is not as accurate, then again I am able to burst a little... Anyways, I did talk to Sony Tech Reps, they said doing a factory reset could fix the issue. There is a way for PS3 to be reset without losing data, for PS4 you will need to look it up.

Unfortunately I have done a factory reset. I replaced the hard drive so I had to. The internet problem existed before the hard drive replacement however. So that isn't a factor. But yeah, it's still very slow. Weirdly enough though, I tried out the DNS settings again, which the multiple times I tested hadn't done anything, and it increased to about 18 Mbps with 1 Mbps upload. Which is better, but still not what I am getting in my laptop. 50 Mbps down 5 up. And still too slow for share play.

Unfortunately I have done a factory reset. I replaced the hard drive so I had to. The internet problem existed before the hard drive replacement however. So that isn't a factor. But yeah, it's still very slow. Weirdly enough though, I tried out the DNS settings again, which the multiple times I tested hadn't done anything, and it increased to about 18 Mbps with 1 Mbps upload. Which is better, but still not what I am getting in my laptop. 50 Mbps down 5 up. And still too slow for share play.

With that being said, you can try playing with DNS servers a little more. Try downloading something with the built in browser. A big file like 200MB find a mirror close to you. Maybe you can get an idea of the speeds you get outside of the Sony speedtest. The Sony servers are crap, and will likely show you a slower speed.

Bottom line, the servers in your area are very congested, because there a lot of players or there are only a few nodes that are being pounded day and night. And there is nothing you can do.

With that being said, you can try playing with DNS servers a little more. Try downloading something with the built in browser. A big file like 200MB find a mirror close to you. Maybe you can get an idea of the speeds you get outside of the Sony speedtest. The Sony servers are crap, and will likely show you a slower speed.

Bottom line, the servers in your area are very congested, because there a lot of players or there are only a few nodes that are being pounded day and night. And there is nothing you can do.

Sorry for late reply. Well, honestly. That seems to be all I can do. I kinda just have to deal at this point. But thank you all for all your help!