Are Beats headphones what everyone says about them?

danixdlolz
Go to solution Solved by Genesis1800,

This is quite a loaded question because there is no true answer to it. A lot will jump on the hate wagon and just say they suck because others have said it. People that like them will say they are the best thing they have ever heard. I hear both of these every day. I am an Apple employee and my job is Beats technical troubleshooting and support so you could say I have a lot of experience with the headset. The one and only thing that determines if this is a good headset or not is your own ears. Are the over done in bass? Yes. Are the over done in Highs? Yes. That is the target demographic for this headset though. Beats headsets are not made for country, classic rock, or any other form of rock. They are targeted at Rap and Pop. If that music is not your kind of music chances are you will not like them, but others do. No one opinion matters on the subject of a good headset, because every ones ears are different. Myself I have really sensitive hearing so I prefer something with a neutral sound with a little bass boost. Your ears are the determining factor of the headset. No one is wrong because they like them. Just because someone likes them doesn't mean "they don't know what good audio sounds like" that's just what they like. You don't go around telling people that they don't have good taste buds because one likes Coke and one likes Pepsi, we are all different.

I think I posted in similar topic a while back. Well, anyway, it's not that beats products are absolute crap, but they're overpriced. 2nd generation of beats are actually quite decent, but still can't really compete in their price range, based on sound quality alone. But now beats' selling point is not only the sound quality, but also the fashion, and perhaps some 'bona-fide' aspect of it. 

For people who focus only on the functionality of a device, very big chance they won't even touch beats products. But the earth's population isn't only consists of those kind of people. 

For example, why buy a $500 ST.Dupont lighter, or even a $30 Zippo, when a $2 BIC lighter will do the exact same thing? Why buy a $40 Quiksilver T-shirt when a $5 unnamed T-shirt will do the exact same thing (cover your body)? Why eat a $10 McDonald meal, when a $2 home cooked meal fill your stomach just the same? Well, you get the idea. 

Humans like something nice, there's no denying that. Now the definition of 'nice' is not always the same for all people. A $5000 tiny mineral rock is ridiculous for me, but it's nice to women and diamond stores. Something like that. 

This is quite a loaded question because there is no true answer to it. A lot will jump on the hate wagon and just say they suck because others have said it. People that like them will say they are the best thing they have ever heard. I hear both of these every day. I am an Apple employee and my job is Beats technical troubleshooting and support so you could say I have a lot of experience with the headset. The one and only thing that determines if this is a good headset or not is your own ears. Are the over done in bass? Yes. Are the over done in Highs? Yes. That is the target demographic for this headset though. Beats headsets are not made for country, classic rock, or any other form of rock. They are targeted at Rap and Pop. If that music is not your kind of music chances are you will not like them, but others do. No one opinion matters on the subject of a good headset, because every ones ears are different. Myself I have really sensitive hearing so I prefer something with a neutral sound with a little bass boost. Your ears are the determining factor of the headset. No one is wrong because they like them. Just because someone likes them doesn't mean "they don't know what good audio sounds like" that's just what they like. You don't go around telling people that they don't have good taste buds because one likes Coke and one likes Pepsi, we are all different.

I would like this if I could.

but MOBILE *facepalm*

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system