Microsoft Q4 Report Shows Surface Failure

TGBSeth

I don't think this comes as a shock to most people here. We were just waiting for confirmation.

Really, I'm not surprised. Unless you're in the market for a tablet, most consumers aren't going to bother with a surface pro when they can get a touch screen laptop for less. The RT stood a better chance, imo, as it included office RT too and was priced more competitively than the pro.

If I traveled a lot more, I would buy a Surface but I don't see a point unless your profession is something like graphic design, artist, and some sort of white-collar job. I'm not surprised. There are some Microsoft stores near where I live and I just went into one yesterday or Tuesday and they said that they dropped the price from something like $50- $150 USD, don't remember the original price and the sale price. I know that this is probably from sales being lower than they expected.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

If I traveled a lot more, I would buy a Surface but I don't see a point unless your profession is something like graphic design, artist, and some sort of white-collar job. I'm not surprised. There are some Microsoft stores near where I live and I just went into one yesterday or Tuesday and they said that they dropped the price from something like $50- $150 USD, don't remember the original price and the sale price. I know that this is probably from sales being lower than they expected.

For travel it would actually be extremely annoying to use a Surface.  Typing on a Surface while it is on your lap--which it is during travel a lot--is almost impossible. 

For travel it would actually be extremely annoying to use a Surface.  Typing on a Surface while it is on your lap--which it is during travel a lot--is almost impossible. 

It's a tablet not a laptop.

It's a tablet not a laptop.

If you buy a Surface for it to be a Tablet that does not make much sense, the whole point of it is that you attach the keyboard to it.  Its way overpriced for a regular tablet since you can find far better ones for around $100 less than the Surface.