Pump Placement

I will be redoing my loop and want to move the pump from the bottom of my case to the middle of the case (on top of the hard drive cage). The reservoir will be at the top 5.25 inch bay. Is it okay to do this? My case is a CM 690 II Advanced and I just want to make sure there will be the space to fit the pump there with all the tubing.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

What pump what res what tubing need more details

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

What pump what res what tubing need more details

Swiftech MCP655, 1/2" Primoflex LRT Advanced, and XPSC 5/25" bay res

Basically trying to move the pump from the bottom to mid section as shown below

CM690II0081

Swiftech MCP655, 1/2" Primoflex LRT Advanced, and XPSC 5/25" bay res

I highly doubt it'll probably be a very tight fit and you'll need some angle fittings

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I highly doubt it'll probably be a very tight fit and you'll need some angle fittings

Hmm... so I should just keep the pump at the bottom of the case? I just want to do this because I don't like the look of the tubing running down to the bottom of the case, since my GPU isn't water cooled the tubing looks kind of ugly cutting through it like that (as you can see from my display pic)

Hmm... so I should just keep the pump at the bottom of the case? I just want to do this because I don't like the look of the tubing running down to the bottom of the case, since my GPU isn't water cooled the tubing looks kind of ugly cutting through it like that (as you can see from my display pic)

Do it your willing to spend an extra 30ish on right angle adapters

Do it your willing to spend an extra 30ish on right angle adapters

Are you sure that it will fit with the adapters?seems tight to me

Are you sure that it will fit with the adapters?seems tight to me

Can you do a rough measurement and tell me how much space is between where the top of your pump will be and the bottom your res

I woul suggest sending a Message to @Ghost he is a god when it comes to this type of stuff

Interested in Business and Technology

Do you plan on using a mod top for the 655?  If not, you're going to have a very tough time getting the pump to fit with tubing without kinks.  

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

I'm not planning to do any modding, I just don't want the pump to be visible through my side panel window lol

I'm not planning to do any modding, I just don't want the pump to be visible through my side panel window lol

He just means a custom top with 1/4" threads and more ports.

Shyxlol is right.  The stock D5/MCP655 pump top will not fit very easily there.  You'll need a D5 pump top kit from Bitspower or EK or anyone else that makes one to be able to use angle fittings which is the only way you'd get the pump and tubing in there.  I'd recommend getting a dual bay res that has a mount point for the MCP655 if you really want to use the 655.  Most res manufacturers make them.  Otherwise, I'd start looking into a lower profile pump.   

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Shyxlol is right.  The stock D5/MCP655 pump top will not fit very easily there.  You'll need a D5 pump top kit from Bitspower or EK or anyone else that makes one to be able to use angle fittings which is the only way you'd get the pump and tubing in there.  I'd recommend getting a dual bay res that has a mount point for the MCP655 if you really want to use the 655.  Most res manufacturers make them.  Otherwise, I'd start looking into a lower profile pump.   

Isn't the 655 the best pump to have though?

like these:

BP-D5TOPP2-BK_01.jpg

cov-rp450_01.jpg

add pump to one of these tops to streamline fitting angles and transitions.

airdeano

Isn't the 655 the best pump to have though?

No. The Laing D5 is the Best pump to have. The MCP655 is just a Laing D5 with a Swiftech sticker on it. All Laing D5 Vario Pumps perform the same

Also in some cases the Laing DDC can be a better pump and its smaller which could be useful in your case.

Using a Dual bay pump and res combo could be useful in that case to save space and you could then put another radiator at the bottom if you can fit it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.