Pump running too fast (RPMs)

I just finished my first fully custom water cooling loop, only to be disappointed at how loud the pump was. It's not sucking air from the res. I had it plugged into a 3-pin fan header to molex adapter that was included in the pump. I tried plugging the pump into various mobo fan headers and it only runs quietly on one of the headers. Now I'm concerned that it isn't running (or at least running as fast as it should be). Any suggestion from a watercooling vet? Also my SP series 120mm fans from corsair are painfully loud (almost literally sounds like a jet sitting beside me) when running off of mobo headers. Checked the fan RPMs and one is stuck at 2100 RPMs and the other is at 1100, the third at 500. If i was to buy a fan controller could I plug the pump into it? Suggestions anyone?

What pump are you using? and yes a fan controller would probably solve your fans problem I reccommed going with the Bitfenix Recon it's a cheap and really good fan controller

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18968/ex-pmp-232/EK_DCP_22_12V_Water_Pump_EK-DCP_22_12V_DC_Pump.html?tl=g57c595s1951

I'll probably just go ahead and buy a fan controller, as the fans are too loud to even have on.. Thanks!

Err that's not a really good pump you have, I generaly reccommed Laing pump. I've seen people have problems with that pump

Yeah, I know. I was way over my budget with all the water blocks and I didn't wanna out over a hundred on a pump. Either way, could I run the pump off the fan controller? 

Yeah, I know. I was way over my budget with all the water blocks and I didn't wanna out over a hundred on a pump. Either way, could I run the pump off the fan controller?

Lamptron has made a watercooling fan controller that you can run your fans and pump out of

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19760/bus-348/Lamptron_CW611_36W_-_6_Channel_Aluminum_Liquid_Cooling_Controller_-_Black_CW611.html

Looks nice! But the price doesn't look too appealing..

Yeah you can also control your pump.

wire the pump to PSU molex, and use one of the corsair SP120 fan adapters on

the pump power circuit. this should lower the pump speed and possibly the racket

it is making. its prolly chewing on an air bubble. don't run it off the mobo header.

they tend to not deliver full voltage to the device through those headers.

as for the fans you have each fan on an individual fan header? what fan profile

are you using in the UEFI? SP120PE cannot support 500rpm not enough voltage

support. so something is FUBAR on the monitoring program. do you have them all

on a fan splitter? prolly what is happening is the tach signal is connected on all

three fans and you are having cycle-bleed at the header. only need one fan to send

tach signal to header, not all three..

airdeano