Rode VideoMic Go compatiable a computer

Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

I have recently purchased a Rode VideoMic Go for DSLR use but could not seem to get it to work when it is plugged into my laptop? I pluged it into the headphone/mic combo jack on my Lenovo Y50 and the notification popped up saying it detected a device but it does not seem to be working? Help please?

I believe you need a TRS to TTRS adapter (i use one with my videomic go to connect it to my iPhone) - alternatively the videomic go works in my behringer X302 USB mixer

it's not being powered. i'm pretty sure that shoe mount powers the rode videomic.

Nope its powered by jack, it uses a cold shoe adapter - no power

I have recently purchased a Rode VideoMic Go for DSLR use but could not seem to get it to work when it is plugged into my laptop? I pluged it into the headphone/mic combo jack on my Lenovo Y50 and the notification popped up saying it detected a device but it does not seem to be working? Help please?

it's not being powered. i'm pretty sure that shoe mount powers the rode videomic.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

The videomic Go only needs power from the 3.5mm cable.

So what can I do to solve this problem?

I believe you need a TRS to TTRS adapter (i use one with my videomic go to connect it to my iPhone) - alternatively the videomic go works in my behringer X302 USB mixer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 1 year later...
On 21 May 2015 at 11:16 AM, ShadowCaptain said:

Hello,

I have a Rode VideoMic Go and I am considering purchasing the "Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer"Would you please tell me if you have any experience with this and know if this mic works with Behringer 302usb ?

Thank you.

On 17/09/2016 at 7:45 PM, A.Chake said:

Hello,

I have a Rode VideoMic Go and I am considering purchasing the "Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer"Would you please tell me if you have any experience with this and know if this mic works with Behringer 302usb ?

Thank you.

If you scroll up you can see that I literally mentioned that it works in this thread :D 

However it should also work connected directly to the mic input on your PC - it might just a differnet type of cable depending on your pc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii