Are reddit windows keys legit?

FShiwani

As I am planning for a new build, I came across multiple people recommending getting legitimate genuine Windows keys from reddit. The prices seem too low to be real. The lowest I saw was 8 USD for Windows 7 Home Basic. They claim to be "bought in bulk" and that's what results in such low pricing. I was wondering if anyone had any past experiences with these sellers and also how clean and pure are the iso files they provide on the right side of the reddit page

Thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k. Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger GPU: MSI GTX 970 

I bought one. Still no problems with it. Its supposedly is an OEM key.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Sometimes it's a bit sketchy.

Proceed at own risk, personally i wouldn't do it.

When in doubt: C4

I bought one. Still no problems with it. Its supposedly is an OEM key.

Did you use the iso file they provided? If so, is it completely clean as I usually used to use digitalrivers downloads for my installs and they were known to have clean and safe files but MS has shut them down.

Sometimes it's a bit sketchy.

Proceed at own risk, personally i wouldn't do it.

So far I haven't seem to have heard anything negative about it.

I bought a key off r//microsoftsoftwareswap/

Used it with the normal Windows 7 installation disc, and it worked perfectly fine, and still is fine. 

I'm interested in this too, so if anyone has other information on it, I'd love to hear it.

I remember reading somewhere that most of the keys are real keys. They are issued by Microsoft and they should work. That being said, the reason they are so cheap is that they obtain them through abusing certain programs (I don't remember exactly which program). I believe it does violate the terms of service of the programs, so even though the keys are "real," they are not always obtained through honest means.

Some people rely on these keys, some don't. I haven't bought any from there personally, so I can't tell you more about it than this. Also, Linux is a thing, if you'd like a nice free OS. Aside from a lot of compatability issues, I prefer it over Windows. Also, it can be difficult to use at times, but distros like Ubuntu and Linux Mint are pretty user friendly.

EDIT: I found the link, but it was from just /r/softwareswap, so I'm not sure if it applies. Under the rules for /r/microsoftsoftwareswap, it says, "You are not allowed to sell keys that are obtained in free promotions." I don't know if that means that abusing Microsoft's programs is against their rules or not.

Edited by Exp

could you post a link please? I am just want to take a look at it.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Did you use the iso file they provided? If so, is it completely clean as I usually used to use digitalrivers downloads for my installs and they were known to have clean and safe files but MS has shut them down.

Nope, I used a all in one version i have on a USB drive ;S - a torrent i got somewhere.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link