trying to boot a usb on a old lap

Go to solution Solved by yamileon,

that tool wont work guees maybe im using windows xp. and i tried 3 differnet usb drives and i forgot to mention when i say old i mean really old like 2004 maybe. so it ownt run windows xp smoothly. 

sorry mate i dont know then

im gonna speculate here :

try booting plop up like you did before

as for the windows install / linux install  usb (for a machine that old id install pupptlinux or some other lightweight distro ubuntu fine aswell)

try rufus for the install usb with windows or linux

and heres a another tut for plop thats worth a try

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16822/boot-from-a-usb-drive-even-if-your-bios-wont-let-you/

hey guys

i have been having trouble fixing a friends broken lap. i have got some great advise here before so i am hoping to get some good advice. his lap is a old asus . Its cd rom is broken but somethimes it works for about 5 minutes. so i have created a bootable usb and then learned that his bios old wont boot a usb (pic 1) then i searched the web and found this page that says this software can boot a usb.   http://www.instructables.com/id/Boot-from-usb-on-an-old-pc-without-modding-the-BIO/?ALLSTEPS    here

so i got it and made it into a bootable cd. but it had lots of files (pic 2) i creatd the usb with the file rounded in the picture.(maybe thats my problem)

so i went in and put the cd in and plugged the usb and turned on from the cd (pic 3) then i choose usb then it showed that usb port 3 and something something (coudnt read all.) then it goes to this screen (pic 4)

then i kept pressing enter then i got this message (pic 5) maybe i installed the linux version. if so can u tell me which to install or maybe my usb isnt bootalble(but i tried it on my pc it dint show when i put boot usb first but it did work when i pressed f10 and told boot from usb) i just want to install windows on it currently there is no os in it. so if anyone knows a way to help me get this problem solved please be kind and tell me.   thanks in advance and sorry for the long post :)post-162738-0-90971100-1432141647_thumb.post-162738-0-05756900-1432141745_thumb.post-162738-0-95061100-1432141860_thumb.post-162738-0-60881400-1432141941_thumb.post-162738-0-65060000-1432142009_thumb. 

try using the windows 7 usb/dvd tool to make the bootable usb 

and maybe try a different usb

i ran in to a similar problem with my laptop from 2010 one usb didn't work while the other worked just fine 

don't know if that's an issues with my usb and laptop or just in general worth a try anyway

try using the windows 7 usb/dvd tool to make the bootable usb 

and maybe try a different usb

i ran in to a similar problem with my laptop from 2010 one usb didn't work while the other worked just fine 

don't know if that's an issues with my usb and laptop or just in general worth a try anyway

that tool wont work guees maybe im using windows xp. and i tried 3 differnet usb drives and i forgot to mention when i say old i mean really old like 2004 maybe. so it ownt run windows xp smoothly. 

sorry mate i dont know then

im gonna speculate here :

try booting plop up like you did before

as for the windows install / linux install  usb (for a machine that old id install pupptlinux or some other lightweight distro ubuntu fine aswell)

try rufus for the install usb with windows or linux

and heres a another tut for plop thats worth a try

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16822/boot-from-a-usb-drive-even-if-your-bios-wont-let-you/