Witcher 3 Framerates.

Nosfy

Hello folks.

For those of you that are playing the Witcher 3, what FPS are you getting?

I have turned the setting all the way up to ultra and I am getting average 40fps. I was expecting more!

Will turning the Hairworks thingy help? Also how much difference does it make?

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Not 4k, 1440p sorry should have said that.

Turn HairWorks off.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Turn HairWorks off.

But.... floppy hair :(

But.... floppy hair :(

Looks so fake and silky anyway, and almost no other human has their hair made for HW ): That Yennefer hair not being HW was so disappointing.

With my GTX 770 I went for High Preset then I changed Texture detail to ULTRA and turned off AA, Bloom, Depth of Field, Motion Blur and of course Hair Works.

I turned off AA because I couldnt see difference in sharpness between AA ON and OFF (even when playing only on 23.5" 1080p).

I have V-Sync ON and so far I havent seen drop from 60FPS to 30FPS (I dont run FPS counter but I havent noticed any sudden stutter or anything just by playing).

Will turning the Hairworks thingy help? Also how much difference does it make?

I don't understand what you're asking here. You have the game, turn off Hairworks and see what difference it makes to your performance. Why do you need someone else to tell you? :P

I don't understand what you're asking here. You have the game, turn off Hairworks and see what difference it makes to your performance. Why do you need someone else to tell you? :P

I will of course try it out when I get home but its good to get other peoples views. Its why I use forums :P

I will of course try it out when I get home but its good to get other peoples views. Its why I use forums :P

Well it takes an extra 25%+ of GPU usage on my GTX 970, so make of that what you will :P

Well it takes an extra 25%+ of GPU usage on my GTX 970, so make of that what you will :P

Wow 25% just for floppy hair?

Wow 25% just for floppy hair?

Yea it's extremely demanding.  With just HairWorks on Geralt, it's very hard to maintain a steady 60fps, usually 55 or so.  With HW on Geralt and animals, oh boy 40fps town here I come.  At that frame rate, I can't even appreciate what HairWorks is doing cos it's so stuttery.

I'm getting constant over 30 FPS with everything maxed out, except Nvidia Hairworks (which are set to off) and foliage distance set to high (this option seems to impact performance the most).

The graphics matter... until they don't.

I am getting around 45 FPS with everything maxed on an ultrawide 1080p monitor and SLI 907s, even after the driver update. Was the same when it was only running 1 card before the update as well. Looks like it still needs some optimization done. Guess I will play it with AA and hairworks off until it gets updated.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Hairworks off, Foliage draw distance to High and you will double your FPS(almost)

Make sure SLI is turned on too if you updated your drivers for Witcher 3