HOLY BALLS HELP

KappaKing

I just spilled a delicious sprite my on my computer... It's unplugged and I've remove the GTX780TI...WHAT THE HE'LL DO I DO NOW

Wash everything that got sprite on it with clean water and let dry. Make sure its totally dry before powering up.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I just spilled a delicious sprite my on my computer... It's unplugged and I've remove the GTX780TI...WHAT THE HE'LL DO I DO NOW

run in circles and panic?.. Actually clean off all your things and wait for it to dry? Don't clean it with regular water or you'll kill it, gotta buy special mineral water.. if the sprite is all over it.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

lol this post

anything that got sprite on it should be wiped down with a slightly damp cloth WHILE IT IS UNPLUGGED

as long as everything is fully dry before it is plugged back in, no further damage will be done.

Don't clean it with regular water or you'll kill it, gotta buy special mineral water..

wat? I know denatured water doesn't conduct electricity, but even that becomes electrically conductive as things become dissolved in it like the potassium and sodium salts in a soda.

wat? I know denatured water doesn't conduct electricity, but even that becomes electrically conductive as things become dissolved in it like the potassium and sodium salts in a soda.

Hmmmmm good point, forgot about that.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

run in circles and panic?.. Actually clean off all your things and wait for it to dry? Don't clean it with regular water or you'll kill it, gotta buy special mineral water.. if the sprite is all over it.

There is no point in using distilled water since the moment it comes in contact with any contaminated surface, it becomes electrically conductive.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Okay, anyone have any advice on how to open up a 780ti? Do I need special thermal compound or will Arctic silver 5 be fine? Can I use contact cleaner or is that unsafe? Sorry for freaking out... I'm just dying in the inside

Also how did you spill sprite inside your computer when it wasn't on? Were you like drinking soda over your computer staring at it?

It was on, I unplugged it as soon as it spilled

Okay, anyone have any advice on how to open up a 780ti? Do I need special thermal compound or will Arctic silver 5 be fine? Can I use contact cleaner or is that unsafe? Sorry for freaking out... I'm just dying in the inside

Contact cleaner is fine, so is alcohol, and so is water.  Just make sure that all the soda residue has been cleaned off.  To open the 780 you'll need to remove some of the screws, and yes arctic silver 5 will be fine.

Also how did you spill sprite inside your computer when it wasn't on? Were you like drinking soda over your computer staring at it?

Nice meme

It was on, I unplugged it as soon as it spilled

It may be dead then..

And another learns the lesson the hard way.  Drinks are NEVER allowed anywhere near my computer gear anymore, after a cat stepped in my cup of coffee one morning, panicked and managed to knock the whole thing right into the intake fan in my side panel.  

Super dry, you should be fine.  The worst part is that any dried stuff like soda is likely to leave a sticky residue that will easily build up dust and grime.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

It may be dead then..

If he heard any pops, zaps, or saw a flash then yeah it's probably dead, but if the computer was still on before he unplugged it then its probably fine, since he got it in time before anything shorted.

Is the sprite okay? 

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

Did it get into the GPU cooler? And is that a reference 780ti or aftermarket?

Is the sprite okay? 

this guys has his priorities straight ^^^ :P

On a serious note, as someone who has dealt with water soaked electronics (although water is a bit different than a sugar-y beverage), I would say leave it unplugged. Clean off any left over wet residue. Then, take everything apart and put the affected parts in a bath of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Let them sit for a bit. Scrub off any stick, dried up Sprite residue. Pull out the parts from the bath. Let them dry completely. Put it back together, and pray to Gaben it turns on

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Did it get into the GPU cooler? And is that a reference 780ti or aftermarket?

It's an acx evga cooler, yes it did but it isn't drenxhed or anything...

1. Turn off power supply after making sure it's unplugged.
  2. Discharge yourself.
  3. Begin to unplug cables from the motherboard.
  4. After all power cables are unplugged, plug them back in for the hell of it.
  5. Unplug them again.
  6. Begin to sweat heavily, fearing permanent damages.
  7. Bite the bullet and continue. 
  8. Remove the GPU from the PCI-E slot, after unscrewing it from the PCI bracket.
  9. Set the GPU somewhere safe, like behind your car's wheel. (You don't go out anywhere. Don't lie.) 
  10. Power your PC back on.
  11. Forget you unplugged everything.
  12. Plug everything back in.
  13. Power your PC back on.
  14. Forget your GPU is behind your car.
  15. Retrieve your GPU.
  16. Forget that you spilled Sprite in your PC.
  17. Unplug everything again.
  18. Clean with distilled water, and if necessary, rubbing alcohol on all parts that were poured on.
  19. Make absolute sure everything is dry.
  20. Plug everything back in and power it on.

No need to fret! Just 20 easy steps!

• Turn off power supply after making sure it's unplugged.
  • Discharge yourself.
  • Begin to unplug cables from the motherboard.
  • After all power cables are unplugged, plug them back in for the hell of it.
  • Unplug them again.
  • Begin to sweat heavily, fearing permanent damages.
  • Bite the bullet and continue.
  • Remove the GPU from the PCI-E slot, after unscrewing it from the PCI bracket.
  • Set the GPU somewhere safe, like behind your car's wheel. (You don't go out anywhere. Don't lie.)
  • Power your PC back on.
  • Forget you unplugged everything.
  • Plug everything back in.
  • Power your PC back on.
  • Forget your GPU is behind your car.
  • Retrieve your GPU.
  • Forget that you spilled Sprite in your PC.
  • Unplug everything again.
  • Clean with distilled water, and if necessary, rubbing alcohol on all parts that were poured on.
  • Make absolute sure everything is dry.
  • Plug everything back in and power it on.

No need to fret! Just 20 easy steps!

Nice meme, brb going to off myyself

Nice meme, brb going to off myyself

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

(Your name.)

All was good until the water nation attacked...

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.