Where did all the cheaper racing wheels go?

clementk

So i recently wanted to look if i can get a cheap racing wheel to play dirt and project cars. i started to go on amazon and did not really fine anything so i when't to youtube and when searching for cheap / budget wheels i got wheels lots of videos that say $160 is a budget beginner wheel. and that the Logitech g27 is the best entry level. so i though i come here to hear what you say. Is there still something like a 60 - 70 cheap wheel that is still somewhat good enough to play with and that's not just a plastic thing that's beryl attached to the table without pedals. Let me know :)

Needs Update

I don't know of any "modern" steering wheel that costs only 60-70$ and that is not very cheaply made. You can get a brand new G27 for 200$, considering that a lot of mechanical keyboards cost 100-150$, I think it's a fair price for a metal wheel with hand-stitched leather, H-shifter and three metal pedals.

If you want to go cheap, I would recommand buying a second-hand G27, G25 or Driving GT - which they don't seem to produce anymore.

I don't know of any "modern" steering wheel that costs only 60-70$ and that is not very cheaply made. You can get a brand new G27 for 200$, considering that a lot of mechanical keyboards cost 100-150$, I think it's a fair price for a metal wheel with hand-stitched leather, H-shifter and three metal pedals.

If you want to go cheap, I would recommand buying a second-hand G27, G25 or Driving GT - which they don't seem to produce anymore.

that's the thing i don't want to to spend $200+ just for two games :/ i can see spending $200 on a keyboard/mouse both since it is used by everything not just two games.

Needs Update

that's the thing i don't want to to spend $200+ just for two games :/ i can see spending $200 on a keyboard/mouse both since it is used by everything not just two games.

Yeah that's a good point. I bought mine a couple of years ago for just 2-3 games and I only use it maybe 1-2 times a week, probably less than that, so unless you have some spare money it's not the best "investment" I guess. :P

It's the kind of thing that a lot of people buy and then don't use, so I'm sure you can find a lot of G25/G27/Driving Force GT on Ebay and other similar websites.