Future of gaming, its not all about the graphics

MzCatieB

Escaping the uncanny valley:

A recent article popped up on www.Gamesindustry.biz and it was to do with the future of gaming.

Epic games Time Sweeney said In about a decade we should be seeing video game graphics that are "Indistinguishable from reality.", He then went on to say that the huge boost in graphical fidelity will also lead to new problems or will amplify existing ones, particularly when it comes to simulating human intelligence. AI ius one of the keys to creating more human-like virtua characters, which could one day enable game developers to exit the "Uncanny valley", but progress in the field of AI has been somewhat slower than many would like. 

Julien Merceron from Square Enix said "I'm hopeful that the next-gen system will lead to the significant advancements in AI" but agrees that completely escaping the Uncanny Valley will remain incredibly difficult.

Additional Quotes from the article:

"That's the thing with the uncanny valley - you have to think not only about emotions and facial movements, but at some point we need to have deeper AI"

"Maybe today people are not ready to speak through the TV to a character in the game and have the character engaging the player in a conversation, but there are technologies that are starting to support this"

more on the article here: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-17-ps4-xbox-one-and-the-quest-to-escape-the-uncanny-valley

137401197023.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

Its not even on call of duties level, I dont see any hair on the arms. Shameful.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah, I'd like to see some compitant AI at least, Is that too much to ask?

Even the most advanced AI in games have some how annoyed me, Hopefully these next generation consoles help developers push AI to annoy much less :)

True game AI cannot be achieved when they are restricted with functions to follow.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Dr sbaitso was pretty good... I can't believe no one has replicated it

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Its not even on call of duties level, I dont see any hair on the arms. Shameful.

I know right? I bet they don't even have a dog. 

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Guys, clearly the fish in ghosts will revolutionize A.I this generation 

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I don't think, that next-gen consoles will help too much with AI. I mean there is much more serious research done in this field outside the game industry and nobody achieved satisfying results yet.

Guys, clearly the fish in ghosts will revolutionize A.I this generation 

I was just about to say that.

not only graphic need more realistic AI

Where am I? What is this place?

Some games that doesn't have great graphic but have awesome AI is more enjoy to play imo. Awesome graphic is cool but I still prefer better AI.

Well it's not about Kinetc either. Why do inputs need to change, siting in a chair with a mouse and keyboard is still the best way and probably will always be the best way to play video games on. Motion technology is nice but it isn't better then M and K so why do we need Kinect so we can play Dance Dance revolution at home, no thanks.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp told me once that he wants to make an AI that would be actually dynamic and it would have a voice instead of just answering with dialog. In general he wants to make a JAVIS and Siri, ivee, etc do not compare due to them being mostly if this happens do this. So you often have to say the exact thing in order for it to work.

I want to see AIs that dont have ghosty googly eyes, they look so retarded xD 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

we're only moving forward.. i can only hope, along with the rest of you guys, that AI becomes more epic and more better. and yes more better does make sense, it was in a LTT video once.

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung